Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Cosleeping?? FInally??

DD is slowly turning into a snugglier baby. Tonight she fell asleep while I was holding her and the last few nights I can get her to sleep in my bed for a few hours at a time

She is 9 months old and hasn't "snuggled" since colic hit at about 3 weeks old. I know it could just be a phase from a growth spurth or something, but hey, a mama can hope! lol
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cosleeping?? FInally??

Maybe. Really, I say where ever she sleeps the best is the ideal spot. Be that in your arms, in bed next to you, or in a crib. Her sleeping in your room is still co-sleeping.

But yeah, it's nice to snuggle. I prefer Milo to sleep in his PnP at night (so does he), but this afternoon he woke up from his nap early, but fell asleep in my arms, he slept there for another hour and a half. It was nice. It's a great little face to wake up to.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 PM   #3
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, I never pushed the cosleeping issue on her because she was so restless in my bed anyways, so she enjoyed her bassinet early on. She was sharing a room w/her sister for a while...but that got cut off, neither of them were sleeping, so back to mommy's room she went! She's been waking up a lot at night lately and I've fallen asleep feeding her now and so has she. It's just exciting to have a baby that HATED snuggles (other than for breastfeeding) start liking it.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #4
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know allllll about that. My son refused to be anywhere by my arms for the first four months, but didn't want to cuddle. WEIRD! He's want to be facing out, looking around. The only time he'd remotely cuddle is when we were sleeping (he slept with his arm tucked into my armpit for the first four months, lol).

He still not a cuddler. Only when he eats, and even then it's iffy. I'd like to snuggle my kid sometimes, ya know? lol. Little toot.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
jaseyandmallorysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 10-07-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
My son refused to be anywhere by my arms for the first four months, but didn't want to cuddle. WEIRD! He's want to be facing out, looking around..
That's how DD was, she was so colicky but wouldn't be put down, most of the time I had to face her away from me and stand and bounce her to get her to calm down...and then when she was done crying and wanted to sleep, she would throw a fit again and I'd have to put her down in the bassinet. That lasted until 4-5 months.