Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Where can I find a boy doll for my son?

Id like to buy a doll for my son for Christmas however, I can't seem to find boy dolls. Anyone?
CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where can I find a boy doll for my son?

I woudl try amazon?? I love that you are getting him a baby doll! I think alot of pressure is put on parents for gender specific toys, colors and clothes on there kids and I hate it...I dress my son in pink colors, I use Pink bottles and we have a nice supply of pink dipes....my husband could care less....I always tell people when they ask why? I say he is very secure in his manhood and pink is the new black.
mistylaureena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do they still have "My Buddy"? My brother used to have one of those and it was so cool. Maybe you could find one on ebay or something?
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
Do they still have "My Buddy"? My brother used to have one of those and it was so cool. Maybe you could find one on ebay or something?
Ack! I almost forgot about those! I begged for one when I was little and I got a Kid Sister instead.

Anyway, DS had a boy cabbage patch kid. (One of the "newborn" ones and a regular one too because I found one on Ebay named Bram. LOL) If you get a CPK though, just be sure to take away ALL of the accessories. I had put away the newborn one's stuff except for the pacifier but then the pacie fell apart into little pieces! The doll all by itself doesn't have any pieces to break off though.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post
Ack! I almost forgot about those! I begged for one when I was little and I got a Kid Sister instead.

Anyway, DS had a boy cabbage patch kid. (One of the "newborn" ones and a regular one too because I found one on Ebay named Bram. LOL) If you get a CPK though, just be sure to take away ALL of the accessories. I had put away the newborn one's stuff except for the pacifier but then the pacie fell apart into little pieces! The doll all by itself doesn't have any pieces to break off though.
I really want to find him a CPK but they are so hard to find!! Any suggestions? Ebay??
CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #6
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFreak View Post
I really want to find him a CPK but they are so hard to find!! Any suggestions? Ebay??
I got the "infant" one at Walmart. They have them at Target too. There were only like 3 boys out of like 40 girls though. The other one is circa 1984 so I got that one off of ebay.

ETA: If you want to try to find one with the same name as your DS or another particular name you can do a search on Ebay for "Cabbage Patch Kid *insert name here*" I wanted one named Bram but of course the first time I searched I didn't find one. But I added that search to my favorites and only a few weeks later one popped up.

Last edited by urchin_grey; 10-16-2006 at 12:03 AM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Our Target has a ton of Cabbage Patch kids and babies, even the newborns right now-- there were tons of boys (different skin, hair and eye combos). I need to go back when DH gets paid becaus I want to get one for DS for Christmas...
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFreak View Post
www.cabbagepatchkids.com

Youll be lucky to find a boy CPK in the stores. It took me months to find one for DS. I was in search of one with blonde hair like DS, but the only one that I found was the CPF Corn Silk kids with the fake wig hair instead of the yarn hair. So a friend on mine found one and grabbed it.
I still cant find any other than on the site. The newborn ones are a little more popular, but the big ones arent.

If you find one in the store that you like, grab it an hang on for dear life. I have seen women fight over the things and take them out of other ppl carts and get arrested over them. Its crazy.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #9
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also check out babybottoms dolls. They are all cloth and very cute. When I was expecting ds2 I bought a Berenguer baby for ds1. It is anatomically correct and just like a real nb, it can even wear nb dipes and premie sized clothes. Ds loves it, but it is a bit too freaky real for some people. There are so really great wham's out there that make waldorf style dolls too, and they can be made to look like your child, or just be really plain if you want.

For CPK's, I bought ds a teeny tiny preemie cpk at a thrift shop, but I see boys all the time at Toys R US.

ETA, another thing I wanted to suggest (if you can find them) is the old CPK Koosas. Ds has a couple and loves them. They were animals, but had the same bodies as the dolls but in soft velour type material. Sometimes you can get them on Ebay, I have picked them up a thrift shops and garage sales too.

Last edited by iris0110; 10-19-2006 at 04:00 PM.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
I stil have mine LOL... Hubby says it lookslike chucky LOL