Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
0351wife
Registered Users

HELP!?!?!!?4 month growth spurt?!?!

ok my ds who turned 4 months on the 15th of this month has been soo fussy and wnats to eat like every 45 mins?!!? WHAT THE HECK do i do!?!?! lol i feel liek i am going crazy feeding him all the time... between feeding and changing him i feel liek i am not giving my other 2 kids any time....is this a growth spurt!?!? please tell me it is lol! i even pumped because i was scared i wasnt making enough milk and i pumped 6oz in 12 mins so i am pretty sure the milk supply isnt a issue lol! any advice would be GREAT! thanks mamas!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP!?!?!!?4 month growth spurt?!?!

Yep, another growth spurt! Not fair after having one at 3 months, but it's the last one until about 6 months. It should be done within a week and all should be back to normal if not having the nursing spread out a little more. It will be okay!
Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #3
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also think around 4 months their "bubble" expands--they get distracted during feedings and tend to take in less milk. So then maybe they compensate by eating a lot more frequently. I don't know if this is whats happening with your DS but I have heard this is the age for that to happen. My DD is 5 months and has started to get very distracted during feedings. She pulls off and sometimes I think she's done but then she'll scream at me and I realize she was just distracted.

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
dragynflye
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiamom View Post
My DD is 5 months and has started to get very distracted during feedings. She pulls off and sometimes I think she's done but then she'll scream at me and I realize she was just distracted.
oh yes! ariana is about to turn five months, and has been doing just that for the past several weeks! she acts like she's all done, until the second i put up the boob, then she realizes "hey, i wanted that!" and will start screaming till i whip it back out!

on the up side, she's been at the breast so much lately, even more than usual, that my milk production is up significantly and we've only had to supplement with two bottles daily the past week or so!
dragynflye is offline   Reply With Quote