Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
MommyCRat
Registered Users

My Mood:
Lilypadz?

I just got some over the weekend. If I get them on right, I don't leak. And I ususally soak whatever I have on. It's wonderful! I'm even going braless tonight. I'm kindof concerned about infection, tho', if I don't use them right. Do any of you use them? Lilypadz.com if you don't know what they are.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: Lilypadz?

I used them a little bit right after Whilder was born. They were great, I don't know If I believe all that talk about infection if you leave them on too long.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They were ok, I actually lost them though. They did leak at night sometimes.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
AKM
Registered Users

I had that same worry, but didn't have any problems with infections.

Actually, I didn't end up using them much since one of the first times I used them outside the house, one ended up leaking and I had my first (and thank goodness, only) milk spot.

The other problems I had with them were that they didn't fold up well in my bra when I was nursing and I wasn't going to sit them out somewhere in public. After I put them in boiling water the first time to sterilize them they seemed to lose their suction too, so hopefully that doesn't happen to you.
AKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #5
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM View Post
I had that same worry, but didn't have any problems with infections.

Actually, I didn't end up using them much since one of the first times I used them outside the house, one ended up leaking and I had my first (and thank goodness, only) milk spot.

The other problems I had with them were that they didn't fold up well in my bra when I was nursing and I wasn't going to sit them out somewhere in public. After I put them in boiling water the first time to sterilize them they seemed to lose their suction too, so hopefully that doesn't happen to you.

I had the same problems with them. although I LOVED them at first ... when I started going out in public and BF my dd,... I didn't know where to put them...and they didn't seem to stick to my boobs as great after I peeled them off, kwim?

I found someone online who still had the BLIS system in stock and I bought that instead and LOVE it!!! If you can find it on ebay or somewhere else, that's what I'd recommend! .. BLIS: Breast Leakage Inhibitor System It's no longer made, but if you can find it, they're great! (lol I sound like tony the tiger! lol)
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
MommyCRat
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I washed them with the wrong soap and they aren't quite as sticky since then. I'm gonna try to wash w/ a better soap and see what happens.

I was out all yesterday evening and did fine. No puddling milk inside of them (then it shoots out when I pull them off!!) and I don't really care if someone sees them, I'm not sure anyone would really know what they were anyway.

I hope I can get the stickiness back!