Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
Veganmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

I am so jealous if you do! Please tell me what it's like!
Old 10-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
farmfresh
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

ha-ha, funny. about the closest i can come to a nanny is my neighbor who will watch my dd while i mow the yard. by the time i pay her and put gas in the mower, i could probably have paid to have someone else to just mow the yard. but i like the time alone, so i guess its my excuse.
farmfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Veganmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmfresh View Post
ha-ha, funny. about the closest i can come to a nanny is my neighbor who will watch my dd while i mow the yard. by the time i pay her and put gas in the mower, i could probably have paid to have someone else to just mow the yard. but i like the time alone, so i guess its my excuse.
LOL! I secretly love when dh takes the kids out so I can clean the house! Yay, peace!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

i miss our nanny so much when me and DH were both working she picked the kids up from school helped with their homework cooked dinner dessert too took DS to soccer practice grocery shopped oh i loved it whe we went out of town she would stay at the house and take care of the dog and cat we never worried she graduated from college then moved back home to work and get married i told her eewww dont do thatnow i have DD and wish she'd just move back!
she just came to visit a couple weeks ago and we tried to kidnap her and her cutiepie hubby
Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
mom2littleman
Registered Users
Formerly: jdunn79
seller

My Mood:

I just want to clarify that we had a nanny, so that DH and I could go to work. We weren't sitting around the house watching T.V. or at tennis lessons while someone else took care of our child. I think that is the impression people have sometimes.
mom2littleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #6
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well I don't have a nanny I pay but my mother is here daily to help me out since work has become so busy. She carpools for me, watches my LO's while I shower and work off and on throughout the day. It's not a consistent thing but I always know she is here if I need her which is a nice feeling to have. And she lives so close that it's easy for her too.
When I try to tell her to stay home she actually gets upset sometimes which is kinda funny.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #7
Veganmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Anyone have a !gasp! nanny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew Crafty Baby View Post
Well I don't have a nanny I pay but my mother is here daily to help me out since work has become so busy. She carpools for me, watches my LO's while I shower and work off and on throughout the day. It's not a consistent thing but I always know she is here if I need her which is a nice feeling to have. And she lives so close that it's easy for her too.
When I try to tell her to stay home she actually gets upset sometimes which is kinda funny.
That is so sweet! What a blessing to have her around. My mom is a workaholic. argh!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #8
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a nanny but one of my friends had one growing up. She was always so nice to us! Of course my memories of what that was like were from a 6th grade perspective, but I do know that she had her time off, but that she lived in the same house, and had her own room and bathroom. She also followed them around through a couple of states, too.
swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #9
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have a nanny, but I was one for close to 10 years! It's not all that it's cracked up to be tho. It depends on the family and the relationship between said family and nanny. If you choose to have one, make sure they live out of your house. Much, much better IMO.
That being said, I do like when our neighbor girl comes and plays with my ds. She is 10 years old and likes to come and play with ds in the afternoons right about the time I am starting supper. So nice! He gets to play with someone and I get the peace. I do love to here him giggle as they play! Her mom did say that I could ask her to come and play with ds anytime I needed her. I might take her up on that in the next month or so. I love my neighbors!
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 AM   #10
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haven't had one, but I was one!
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote