Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
suziraye
Registered Users
seller

Help! 8 mth old won't eat!

My daughter has been eating baby food for the past 3 months. She was eating at least once a day. For the last month or so she has slowly started not eating. She still takes a bottle (although sometimes only 20ish oz a day)
but she closes her lips tight when I try to feed her with a spoon! I have tried every kind of food you can name. She will eat fruit a little better than veggies but I dont know if I just want her to only eat fruit.
All she does all day is try and find things to chew on , but if she sees a spoon with food on it those lips close so tight a piece of paper couldnt get in!
I am still trying everyday but it is sooooo frustrating! WHy has she stopped eating???
**She doesnt have any teeth yet, I am sure they are on their way, and she is growing fine. About 25lbs so I am not worried about that just frustrated!
suziraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Re: Help! 8 mth old won't eat!

Babies go through stages. Maybe this is one of hers. I know my kids did stuff like that too. as long as she is healthy and growing and there are no medical concerns. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:29 PM   #3
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

If I were you I wouldnt worry about it if shes hungry she will eat...I mostly gave my ds a bottle until recently and hes almost 1, he just wasnt to into food for a really long time he just mostly wanted abottle, and he still ate that and still got what he needed and still gained weight ...I didnt worry to much cuz he was obviously still eating, now if she stops eating all together Id be worried then
Old 11-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Help! 8 mth old won't eat!

Kids just don't eat sometimes, she will probably go through this again in her two's, it's nothing to worry about, unless of course she starts loosing a lot of weight.
Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #5
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have you tried finger foods with her? Dd refused to eat from a spoon too so we just started giving her finger foods and she loved it. You can give an 8month old rice (it's messy, but one of dd's favorites), chunks of well cooked carrots, over cooked green beans, most over cooked veggies work, small chunks of banana work too. It probably is just a stage like pps said but, it might be fun for her to introduce the finger foods too.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #6
Christinemomof2
Registered Users

My daughter is now almost 15 months but she didn't really start eating till around 12 mos. It really stressed me out and I would try everyday just about from 6 months on. All she wanted to do was nurse. I know it is hard but try not to worry. In the end we didn't do babyfood off of a spoon at all because she would refuse it totally. We started straight on really soft table foods. At 8 mos I'm completely serious when I say she ate nothing except bm.
Christinemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote