Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Teething Necklaces??

hi
Can someone give me the scoop on teething necklaces?
They look so pretty. what are they and why do u use them? Do babies use them for teething and how long should they be? I think DD would look so cute with one.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
CHoney
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Teething Necklaces??

I got one from Inspired by Finn online. The oils from the amber are supposed to ease teething pain when they wear it. My DS likes to wear his, and it does seem to make him less fussy. I ordered a small which is 12".

I got a dark cherry one because I liked the colour. But I later read that the lighter colours work better.

HTH
CHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
prd2CD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i was thinking about this today as well. my dd is getting molars and likes to chew. but i'm afraid they're a choking hazard/swallowing hazard...what if it breaks or she gets it off somehow? am i the only one with that fear?
Old 01-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd2CD View Post
i was thinking about this today as well. my dd is getting molars and likes to chew. but i'm afraid they're a choking hazard/swallowing hazard...what if it breaks or she gets it off somehow? am i the only one with that fear?
As far as breaking the ones from inspired by finn are double knotted so if it does break it is only one bead that is loose. I only have DD wear hers when I am there and she is awake, I was surprised to see even DH managed to remember to take it off before putting her to nap earlier.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ours are pretty short, almost like a choker, so it's hard to chew on and hard to snag or twist. It releaes (I think) succinic acid when it's warm against the skin that works as an analgesic/anti-inflammatory. I call it hippie Tylenol. I wear one too, as it helps my migraines (takes the edge off so I don't have to medicate as much) but the more you wear it, the better it works. I sleep in mine. If they were long necklaces I wouldn't feel comfortable with the girls sleeping in them, but they are very short and almost impossible to snag/twist. Some of the stuff the Inspired By Finn mom writes about the amber her son uses says he wears it all night (24/7 actually).
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
Maple_Sugar_Designs
Registered Users
Formerly: Mish0321
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS wears his all of the time. I got his from Inspired by Finn also. I find that it has helped a lot with his teething.

I just bought one for myself to see if it might help a little with my upper back pain.

Maple_Sugar_Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
herent
Registered Users

My DS has one too. Ours is really short also. He wouldn't be able to get it to his mouth. We have the dark cherry color in the chip style as well and it's really beautiful I got it off ebay for $12.00 total it came from Lithiuania. The week before DS got his first tooth he had a bad rash on his face, I couldn't figure out what it was from, well I checked his mouth and his first tooth was popping through the skin, I put his necklace on for the first time and three hours later the rash was gone (no kidding). Everyone was also telling me that I shouldn't have him sleep in it, which I was, so I took it off and by the time morning came the rash was back!!! Put it on again and rash is gone and he always wears it. Everyone always asks about it too, they think it looks like a surfer necklace, and that he looks way cool in it. Three of DS cousins all have one now to we all love our necklaces.

Last edited by herent; 01-31-2009 at 06:31 PM.
herent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by herent View Post
My DS has one too. Ours is really short also. He wouldn't be able to get it to his mouth. We have the dark cherry color in the chip style as well and it's really beautiful I got it off ebay for $12.00 total it came from Lithiuania. The week before DS got his first tooth he had a bad rash on his face, I couldn't figure out what it was from, well I checked his mouth and his first tooth was popping through the skin, I put his necklace on for the first time and three hours later the rash was gone (no kidding). Everyone was also telling me that I shouldn't have him sleep in it, which I was, so I took it off and by the time morning came the rash was back!!! Put it on again and rash is gone and he always wears it. Everyone always asks about it too, they think it looks like a surfer necklace, and that he looks way cool in it. Three of DS cousins all have one now to we all love our necklaces.
I saw those, but was worried about buying one from another country. Did the whole transaction go well and was shipping pretty fast?
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
prd2CD
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

where do you find them?
Old 01-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #10
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Check out Inspired By Finn its a store on hyenacart that sells them. They come with great reviews from this store, tons of mommas on here have them for their little ones...I just ordered one for each of my kiddos yesterday.