Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
c1sarena
Registered Users

When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searching!

I have been thinking Peter Pan all week!! I am so jetlagged than a 4 am wakeup is becoming normal for me and I can't stand it especially as it is Monday and I have to work and so much planned for today.

Atleast i am almost finished the project I started yesterday from a 5 year old stash yarn. I am not sure I like the way the soaker is far longer than the skirtie though but that remains to be seen when my lo tries it on. I just have one more leg cuff to go and oh, I especially made a short I-cord since the item is so busy already!

What do you all think? And please be honest, I can take it. It needs blocking too!
c1sarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 AM   #2
jelybean333
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin

wow you are up early hehehe, But I guess that would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Kristina, wife to J, mom to G, and OYYMN available! Ask about yarn for woolie trades!http://www.flickr.com/photos/35826128@N02/
jelybean333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
c1sarena
Registered Users

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin

Hey does anyone know who dies cottons to match wools?? This looks so nice and easy to do and I would love to make it to match the pink in my lo's choc covered strawberries !
Old 02-09-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
bodiejake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning guys!! not sure about yarn dyers for cotton, but you can try these:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm The yarn is pretty cheap and has some great colors. Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby.......places like that usually have it and have TONS of the colors. I made a hat with it a few years ago and it was really easy to work with.

I have woodland tale all finished up except for the cuffs. I am waiting to hear back about what cuff style she wants before I get them finished. In the mean time, while waiting, I cast on another hat.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
c1sarena
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
morning guys!! not sure about yarn dyers for cotton, but you can try these:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm The yarn is pretty cheap and has some great colors. Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby.......places like that usually have it and have TONS of the colors. I made a hat with it a few years ago and it was really easy to work with.

I have woodland tale all finished up except for the cuffs. I am waiting to hear back about what cuff style she wants before I get them finished. In the mean time, while waiting, I cast on another hat.
Thanks!! Those are some super sweet colors! ANd finishing (or almost finishing) a project is truly joyful
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
ladybenz
following my heart to the art

My Mood:

:wave2:

My computer kicked the bucket yesterday, so I'm borrowing the hubby's computer to say good morning! I'll not be around much until I can get to radio shack to get the stuff I need to fix my computer. In the mean time, I have a lot of sewing to do, so there won't be many FOs in the house this week. However, I am nearly done with my very first sock, and I'm so excited. Even though I don't wear socks, I suddenly feel the urge to knit more of them. we'll see.

Well, the twins are awake, so I had best get going. I'll catch up with you all once I fix my computer!
ladybenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:42 AM   #7
c1sarena
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybenz View Post
:wave2:

My computer kicked the bucket yesterday, so I'm borrowing the hubby's computer to say good morning! I'll not be around much until I can get to radio shack to get the stuff I need to fix my computer. In the mean time, I have a lot of sewing to do, so there won't be many FOs in the house this week. However, I am nearly done with my very first sock, and I'm so excited. Even though I don't wear socks, I suddenly feel the urge to knit more of them. we'll see.

Well, the twins are awake, so I had best get going. I'll catch up with you all once I fix my computer!
Have a great day and hope that comp gets fixed!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
newphillymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Sarena,
The length you need is 8".

Good morning ladies.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:58 AM   #9
c1sarena
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newphillymomma View Post
Hi Sarena,
The length you need is 8".

Good morning ladies.
Thanks, thats what I did but my soaker came out far to long/large. I am really upset since I followed directions to the T!!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #10
c1sarena
Registered Users

I dont remember who was struggling with short rows, but there is a great tutorial here:
http://sameknit.blogspot.com/2007/04/yarn-over-short-rows.html