Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
maman08
Registered Users
seller

BASICally Fluffy Friday

Happy Friday B2B mamas!

ETA:
We're mamas who love the basics -- prefolds, flats, wool, and mama-made stashes especially, but you'll also find fitteds, pockets, AIOs, and even some sposies. We talk about a bit of everything, so feel free to jump right in!

Last edited by maman08; 02-20-2009 at 06:08 AM.
maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday

From yesterday's thread, for those who didn't see it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
Just checking in!! We had our baby this morning (Thursday, 2-19)

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
my1hd
Registered Users

YA on the baby!!

Good morning everyone. DD1 is at another sleep over and my house is soooo quiet. I have some stuff to ship today and a few more things to sell. What should I buy with the paypal??? I already have a few med thirsties covers on the list not sure what else to get. I'm feeling a little low on dipes though. SoI either need some more pockets/AIO's (not a big fitted fan) orI need more prefolds but I have no clue what size...... I realy wanted some BGOS but I just can not bring myself to pay 25$ a dipe . SO I was thinking maybe some of those ATG AIOS. Thoughts??
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
YA on the baby!!

Good morning everyone. DD1 is at another sleep over and my house is soooo quiet. I have some stuff to ship today and a few more things to sell. What should I buy with the paypal??? I already have a few med thirsties covers on the list not sure what else to get. I'm feeling a little low on dipes though. SoI either need some more pockets/AIO's (not a big fitted fan) orI need more prefolds but I have no clue what size...... I realy wanted some BGOS but I just can not bring myself to pay 25$ a dipe . SO I was thinking maybe some of those ATG AIOS. Thoughts??
Oh yay, I'm not just talking to myself! I haven't tried ATG AIOs or the BG AIOs, so I can't really help there, sorry. I know Faith loves her BG organic AIOs. If it were me I'd probably get some more pfs, maybe a couple of cute dyed or embellished pfs to liven the stash up a bit.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning Ladies.

Girls are coughing like crazy. all three of them. My poor husband was ready to put his ear plugs in yesterday while he was trying to work here on the computer. I feel so bad for them. DD1 & 2 wouldn't even eat breakfast again this morning. I thought dd2 was getting better but she's puny this morning.

On a good note, my parents are coming to babysit tonight while dh and I go out to a date night with some Christian comedy speakers I guess. Not real sure what to expect. I feel terrible leaving my sick girls at home but need a little break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flobee76 View Post
Just checking in!! We had our baby this morning (Thursday, 2-19)

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.

I was going to mention something about not seeing you on here yesterday but this morning when I caught up on yesterday's thread...I saw your post! YEAH FLO!!!! Can't wait to hear more.

WOTB: TFF w/ KL Doubler w/ thirsties cover
Old 02-20-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Melissa, ss to hear your girls are still sick. to you and them...I know it feels bad leaving them, but you do need a break every now and then and you know they'll be well taken care of with your parents there!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
I realize that at this point I'm still just talking to myself, but two observations from today:

- Whatever it is that our upstairs neighbor is using his hammer drill on every day at 10:30 in the middle of DS's nap is probably too broken to keep trying to fix up, and should be burned. Possibly with the neighbor added to the bonfire.
- No disrespect intended, but one of these days I would love to live somewhere that I don't have to listen to the call to prayer four times a day (there is a fifth, but it's at dawn and I'm usually not awake to hear it). It's cool at first, but after a few years it's starting to grate on my nerves.

There, now no more complaining for me today. I just had to get that out. On to happier thoughts, like how cute Tessa must be and when we'll get to see pictures of her!
I've lived in an apartment 7 1/2 years now and I know what you mean about neighbors and annoying noises

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Morning Ladies.

Girls are coughing like crazy. all three of them. My poor husband was ready to put his ear plugs in yesterday while he was trying to work here on the computer. I feel so bad for them. DD1 & 2 wouldn't even eat breakfast again this morning. I thought dd2 was getting better but she's puny this morning.

On a good note, my parents are coming to babysit tonight while dh and I go out to a date night with some Christian comedy speakers I guess. Not real sure what to expect. I feel terrible leaving my sick girls at home but need a little break.

I was going to mention something about not seeing you on here yesterday but this morning when I caught up on yesterday's thread...I saw your post! YEAH FLO!!!! Can't wait to hear more.

WOTB: TFF w/ KL Doubler w/ thirsties cover
sorry your kiddos are sick

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

princemelissa ~ so sorry to hear about your rough night.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
my1hd
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
Oh yay, I'm not just talking to myself! I haven't tried ATG AIOs or the BG AIOs, so I can't really help there, sorry. I know Faith loves her BG organic AIOs. If it were me I'd probably get some more pfs, maybe a couple of cute dyed or embellished pfs to liven the stash up a bit.

Ok if i buy prefolds we will have almost 100% prefold stash. not countingght dipes. DH is not a huge prefold fan but considering I'm the one home he doesn's change that much, its not really a huge deal. Does anyone have a whole stash of prefolds? (not counting nights? Oh and what size do i get my very chunky 2 ,y old. I have infants for stuffing. 1 dz ll capris, anyone who saw my pic the other day thats what she was wearing, and regulars. The regs do not fit right at all (way to long and not nearly wide enough.)and the capris have very little growing room. would the toddler smalls be a good size with lots of growing room? this is just waaayy to many desicions for me lol. I have a bunch of stuff ccut to sew but i haven't got to actually sewing them yet.
my1hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #10
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1hd View Post
Ok if i buy prefolds we will have almost 100% prefold stash. not countingght dipes. DH is not a huge prefold fan but considering I'm the one home he doesn's change that much, its not really a huge deal. Does anyone have a whole stash of prefolds? (not counting nights? Oh and what size do i get my very chunky 2 ,y old. I have infants for stuffing. 1 dz ll capris, anyone who saw my pic the other day thats what she was wearing, and regulars. The regs do not fit right at all (way to long and not nearly wide enough.)and the capris have very little growing room. would the toddler smalls be a good size with lots of growing room? this is just waaayy to many desicions for me lol. I have a bunch of stuff ccut to sew but i haven't got to actually sewing them yet.
we're all prefolds & flats here

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote