Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:39 AM   #1
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BSRB Typical Tuesday!

Morning mamas!

Proud to announce that the wool kept the stinkies at bay much better!

The wool was pretty damp but none of the PJs etc were wet so that is wonderful!

It is air drying now...

How often does one wash their wool? Do you lanolize every time you wash? What if your wool wash has lanolin in it?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BSRB Typical Tuesday!

Morning!

Shannon--you're becoming the early bird of the thread.
for wool last night!!
For C's nighttime wool, I wash every other week. She doesn't wear wool every night, though, because DH uses BGs on the nights I go to yoga. If she were wearing the same wool every night, I would probably wash every week. I do lanolize everytime I wash, and I use wool wash with lanolin in it already. HTH!

BBL. C just woke up.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Morning!

Shannon--you're becoming the early bird of the thread.
for wool last night!!
For C's nighttime wool, I wash every other week. She doesn't wear wool every night, though, because DH uses BGs on the nights I go to yoga. If she were wearing the same wool every night, I would probably wash every week. I do lanolize everytime I wash, and I use wool wash with lanolin in it already. HTH!

BBL. C just woke up.
Yea you can blame my stupid stomach for me being the early bird! I have to call later today and get an appt to have them figure out what is wrong with me. My *guess* is my hormones are going bonkers because DD is going more time between nursing etc so they are probably trying to regulate but in the meantime it makes for some miserable mornings.

I am thinking I might end up needing to wash every week too for night time wool which means I might need another cover for DD unless I do the BGs overnight the night they are drying..the Disana covers are *great* but they take forever to dry because they are so thick....luckily DS already has two wool covers.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning! Juliana is rocking her long sleeve fish in bags tee with the goldfish shorties and leg warmers and it all fits great. Action shots are to follow. The shorties are just big enough in the bum and tall enough in the rise that I think she might be able to wear them next summer too. The legwarmers fit great! I have never cared much for babylegs because I feel like they're too tight around chunky thighs but knit leg warmers seem to be where it's at. I might try to make a few pairs.

So I bought a couple of Sposoeasy AIOs last night. I really like to have an AIO on hand just in case but I truly do not care for other OS dipes than BSRB so even though everyone here seems to be raving about the BG organics, I couldn't bring myself to pay that price for an OS dipe. Honestly, my stash is at a happy place that I am really happy about:

**14 UFs (counting the 7 that are OTW)
**3 more UFs in the works
**2 all fleece Snap-Ez pockets (these are our nighttime solution. I would ideally like 2 more of these)
**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs
**1 Angel Dry all fleece pocket (I don't love this one enough to get a second but I don't dislike it enough not to use it)

What it would take to put me at stash nirvana would be 3 more UFs (for a total of 20), 2 more all fleece SEZ pockets w/ matching SEZ inserts (for a total of 4) and 4 more Sposoeasy AIOs (if I like them). I like still needing a bunch of dipes before I can call it stash nirvana, but only having a few things I know I like in my stash. Since my FSOT has been going so crazy I have been able to sell a bunch of the stuff that didn't work out for us or that Howie and Juliana grew out of. I still have a small collection of fitteds that are FSOT, but maybe I'll get serious about cutting down the prices on those to sell them. We'll see!

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #5
Ahavati
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning!

Ava STTN last night She did go to bed a little late ( 10:30) but she didn't get up until 6:30 (normally gets up between 2-3) I am SO happy!!!

Jenn: Can't wait to see your custom! I'm excited for mine! Joyce just emailed the next conversion on her list then she's on to mine!! She doesn' have any more Mickey fabric though and those will not be relisting. So that sucks. Beautiful wool!!

If anyone sees the Aqua floral though I want one!! (It will go so well with my birds on a line!!

So I got all my DC's (Except Ella and Rainbow Shine but they are on the way) and most of my yardage (waiting on my teal/choc giraffes and one more!!) I can't wait to see these beauties transformed into UFs!!

I found someone with an amazing library of embroidery and I'm going to send all my SBish hemp in to be embroidered! (She has some Star Wars and BEatles which DH will go NUTS over.) I may send some of my AIOs in too. I can't wait! I'm also getting some gorgeous French Terry prefolds with embroidery from Zabi Baby!

Oh and my table towels should be done in today or tomorrow!!

I can't wait to get all this fluffy goodness!!

Need Scentsy? www.heavenlysweetscents.com
Ahavati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #6
madeinjanuary
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning mamas.

i dont usually use extra lanolin other than whats already in the wool wash. maybe i should cause my longies totally leaked the other day ;X and we wash our wool 1-2 weeks depending how often theyre used. and hooray for the wool for ON.

im not gonna lie.i totally didnt go back to read all the postts from yesterday but did want to thank the mamas who gave me hugs and are praying for my father.

so today nothing much planned. i got to clean a bit and do diaper laundry but thats about it.

i'll check in with you mamas a bit later
Old 02-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
MelG
Registered Users

Hello everyone! I went and had the blood test done this morning to see if the IVF worked. They said we won't get results until 3-5pm. It's not quite 11am, so this day is going to be super slow. I am just popping in for a bit, since I have a ton of projects around the house that I've been promising myself I would finish. Hope everyone has a good day!

Chasity--sorry about your BFN! Is there a chance you just tested too early? I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeinjanuary View Post
morning mamas.

i dont usually use extra lanolin other than whats already in the wool wash. maybe i should cause my longies totally leaked the other day ;X and we wash our wool 1-2 weeks depending how often theyre used. and hooray for the wool for ON.

im not gonna lie.i totally didnt go back to read all the postts from yesterday but did want to thank the mamas who gave me hugs and are praying for my father.

so today nothing much planned. i got to clean a bit and do diaper laundry but thats about it.

i'll check in with you mamas a bit later
I didn't get a chance to post after I saw your update, but I just wanted to offer and say that I am so sorry that your dad and your family are having to deal with so much. You will be in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
So I bought a couple of Sposoeasy AIOs last night. I really like to have an AIO on hand just in case but I truly do not care for other OS dipes than BSRB so even though everyone here seems to be raving about the BG organics, I couldn't bring myself to pay that price for an OS dipe. Honestly, my stash is at a happy place that I am really happy about:

**14 UFs (counting the 7 that are OTW)
**3 more UFs in the works
**2 all fleece Snap-Ez pockets (these are our nighttime solution. I would ideally like 2 more of these)
**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs
**1 Angel Dry all fleece pocket (I don't love this one enough to get a second but I don't dislike it enough not to use it)

What it would take to put me at stash nirvana would be 3 more UFs (for a total of 20), 2 more all fleece SEZ pockets w/ matching SEZ inserts (for a total of 4) and 4 more Sposoeasy AIOs (if I like them). I like still needing a bunch of dipes before I can call it stash nirvana, but only having a few things I know I like in my stash. Since my FSOT has been going so crazy I have been able to sell a bunch of the stuff that didn't work out for us or that Howie and Juliana grew out of. I still have a small collection of fitteds that are FSOT, but maybe I'll get serious about cutting down the prices on those to sell them. We'll see!
That is a nice stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdi View Post
Someone please send nap vibes this way. I need C to take a nap today. She's been napless for 2 days and she was utterly exhausted last night. She did sleep for 12 hours, though, which was great.
Nap vibes officially sent!
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #8
mrsdi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jaclyn--do you sew? I didn't know that!!

Hi, Mel---fingers crossed the IVF worked. Keep yourself busy until this afternoon. I'm sure you're anxious to find out.

mrsdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
Mom2BabiesA&I
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Where does one get grape giraffes? I am *thinking* that is what I am going to want a pinnafore set made out of DDs 1st birthday... DS had a dino outfit for his birthday and I think I want DD to have her own set!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I View Post
Where does one get grape giraffes? I am *thinking* that is what I am going to want a pinnafore set made out of DDs 1st birthday... DS had a dino outfit for his birthday and I think I want DD to have her own set!
It took me AWHILE to find my DC of grape giraffes You might have luck asking some of the WAHMs who have really coveted fabric stashes for some tips on where they find that stuff.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote