Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
spitting

DD drinks from a sippy now. But lately she has started to drink, then either lets the water or juice dribble out of her mouth or actually spits it out, water fountain style. Then she laughs. I usually take the sippy away from her then and offer more liquid later. My question is how do I stop this bad habit in it's tracks? She is always wet down her front after meals even with a bib on because she spits her liquid all over herself.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: spitting

DD did this too (minus the fountain part) for a while. I have no clue what the fascination was. She didn't do it as much if the liquid was really cold though. We limited sippy time to in the high chair only and changed a lot of shirts. We also took the cup away if it was clear she wasn't drinking at all. She quit after a few months.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD2 use to do that. I would just say 'all done' and take the cup away for a bit. She stopped after about a month.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
3GirlieMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: YoliMama
seller

My Mood:

I thought you were talking about actual spitting (like when she's bigger). If for some reason this should happen, what we've done is give her a place where it's okay (like in the bathroom sink or toilet). That seems to work pretty well for us, but I wouldn't encourage her to do it or anything!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMamaNada View Post
I thought you were talking about actual spitting (like when she's bigger). If for some reason this should happen, what we've done is give her a place where it's okay (like in the bathroom sink or toilet). That seems to work pretty well for us, but I wouldn't encourage her to do it or anything!

That's what I did when dd1 was 2.5. She got on this huge spitting kick One day I told her it was fine to spit as long as she did it outside or in the sink. I guess that took all the fun out of it b/c she only when outside once and never to the sink

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote