Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
JaeCraig
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My Baltic Boy necklaces

So I'd been pretty lazy about properly "advertising" them previously but I got inspired to revamp my wording and pictures. I'm going to also work on getting my listing redone here in the WAHM forum (I kinda let it expire. )

Anyway, now that I'm inspired to shine up the business side of things, can ya'll help me ? Here's my site. Can you critique my pictures, wording and choices??

I know I need to clean up the rest of my listings, but I'm not focusing on them right now. Eventually I'm going to stream this site into handpainted wool dryer balls and Baltic Boy necklaces only so it doesn't look like a garage sale.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
JaeCraig
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Baltic Boy necklaces

No critiquing??? Wow, the one time I asking for criticism.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OKay mama, I'll help you out.
Your pics are great, I can really tell what you are selling, they are nice and clear.
To be honest, the top part, where the name of the store usually is, is definitely lacking some flair. With just the words broken bowls and lonely buttons" in regular, black, same size font it's hard to tell that it's the name of your store. At first I couldn't figure out what that was supposed to mean, then I realized. Maybe a logo, or a pretty font, or some color would look nice and help to catch my eye more. Then I may also remember that I, for example, found a cool necklace from Broken Bowls and Lonely Buttons, as opposed to finding a cool necklace on etsy in general, KWIM?
I do like the banner pic at the top though, it's cool.
I was reading a couple of listings, and you said that one of the necklaces was made of "metal." I don't know about anyone else, but I would want to know what kind of metal it is, just because I'm weird like that.
Overall I think it's great! If that two hearts nursing necklace was green or blue, I would totally be buying it right now!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
JaeCraig
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWillow View Post
OKay mama, I'll help you out.
Your pics are great, I can really tell what you are selling, they are nice and clear.
To be honest, the top part, where the name of the store usually is, is definitely lacking some flair. With just the words broken bowls and lonely buttons" in regular, black, same size font it's hard to tell that it's the name of your store. At first I couldn't figure out what that was supposed to mean, then I realized. Maybe a logo, or a pretty font, or some color would look nice and help to catch my eye more. Then I may also remember that I, for example, found a cool necklace from Broken Bowls and Lonely Buttons, as opposed to finding a cool necklace on etsy in general, KWIM?
I do like the banner pic at the top though, it's cool.
I was reading a couple of listings, and you said that one of the necklaces was made of "metal." I don't know about anyone else, but I would want to know what kind of metal it is, just because I'm weird like that.
Overall I think it's great! If that two hearts nursing necklace was green or blue, I would totally be buying it right now!

THANK YOU!!!

Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to make my store name appear any different. I'll have to browse some other stores and see what they did. I'm thinking if I want to give it any flair though I'm going to have to change my banner to my store name. Hmmmm.

I'm going to phase out the nursing necklaces for no other reason than I'm trying to downsize this site overall and work on my other etsy site I'm launching. I really love the Baltic Boy necklaces though, I don't know of anyone else that ties them with hemp and I'm in love with them, and I make the dryer balls from my practice runs at dying yarn... that way I can get a lot of good practice in with colorways w/o wasting a lot of wool.