Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question I've gotta know...

I know that there are a lot of mommas on here that are FOR co-sleeping... but are there any who aren't? If so, why?

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: I've gotta know...

I'm not against it; my motto is 'whatever floats your boat', kwim? For us I just found everyone sleeps better, deeper, undisturbed in everyone's own bed. We do have however family nap times from time to time (Not the lil one yet as he still thinks it's 'party time' every time I try to take a nap w/him in our bed..)
Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyOf2 View Post
I'm not against it; my motto is 'whatever floats your boat', kwim? For us I just found everyone sleeps better, deeper, undisturbed in everyone's own bed. We do have however family nap times from time to time (Not the lil one yet as he still thinks it's 'party time' every time I try to take a nap w/him in our bed..)

This is exactly how our family is...we co-sleep for a while in the beginning (like 6 mos) and then baby decides it's time to play rather than sleep so we go our seperate ways! There are times when dh is gone that the older one will get to sleep with me, but for the most part things are better in our own beds!

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
psbroudy
Registered
seller

Quote:

OMG .. my kid thinks its party time too when we try to bring him in our bed.. he really does best sleeping on his own .. he sleeps longer and it saves me trips to the chiropractor. when he was about 4 mo old i would nurse him around 5am and let him sleep with me.. but he would invariably nearly push me out of bed!!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My thoughts exactly.... except on the naptime. DD sleeps in her crib for naps too. I am afraid to cross the line- once she sleeps in my bed i am afraid i would never get her back.

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
mommy21princess
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to add that I EBF for a year and she didn't sleep with us. There were times (which are now becoming more often thought) that I do get her in the middle of the night and I'm too lazy to take her back to her bed. I didn't think it was that bad getting her. We kept her in a cradle in the kitchen (I live in a trailor for the time so it was kitchen/living room.) and then we brought her to our room in the cradle for a couple of weeks when she had really bad reflux. I was scared I wouldn't hear her if she started choking. Her being that close helped a bit but not much. I felt uncomfortable having her in there when dh and I would you know... LOL even though she was asleep in her cradle. I just think for us it's better that shes in her own bed for the majority of the night. Anyway all that being said I just wanted to say that I did do the exclusive bfing thing to a year when we started solids full force. You can do it momma!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have co-slept with all my kiddos'....I LOVE it..however I have hit the point were I want the older two out or I want a bigger bed. We have a queen size bed with 5 people in it! It's insane!

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

I have co-slept with all of my kids and I LOVE IT!!! We sleep better, we feel better and it just works for us!! My 10 month old daughter just went to pack n play last month because she would not stay asleep with us. she is in the boys room with them. If she wants to come back when she gets older.. she is more then welcomed. We are very fortunate with our kids. We never had any problems with our boys going to their own beds or sleeping anywhere else. Our daughter does fine on her own too. My husband is military and when he is deployed.. all 3 kids are in the room with me. the boys on the floor in their little area i made for them and the baby in the pack n play.

As for my husband and I.. we have no problems with alone time or us time. We get plenty of that. We make time for it and make sure we get our time together too.

Each to their own.

Last edited by pinkflamingos77; 12-19-2006 at 09:09 PM.
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

I LOVE co-sleeping, but the social workers really hate it when I co-sleep w/the fosterbabies. I understand their reasons, when the baby transitions to their forever family, the family may not co-sleep so the baby will have a harder transition. I actually follow the baby's lead, I use a co-sleeper if the baby will sleep alone, otherwise, the baby is sleeping in my bed w/me. When the court date gets close, I start teaching them to sleep in their crib, that way, if the family wants to co-sleep then the baby is fine, and if the family wants baby to sleep in a crib, the transition is a bit easier for baby. I prefer co-sleeping myself!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #10
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

I don't WANT to, if that counts. I just want my bed back lol. Now I'm stressing over getting Hazel out of my bed before the baby comes, because she'll end up in there. Not to mention how tough it makes 'alone time'. Oh, and she likes to kick me in the stomach and snores just as loud as her daddy.