Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
RSV ??

my ped mentioned that the virus can live for 24 hours on any surface...do i need to be spraying dd's toys?? and if so, what can i use?? TIA
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
soggygranolamomma
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: RSV ??

If you're worried you can run them through the dishwasher, spray them with Lysol or throw them in the washing machine on a hot wash.
soggygranolamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

Use the dishwasher for toys that won't let water inside, the washer for cloth toys, and use rubbing alcohol for everything else-just put some on a soft cloth and wipe-the alcohol will evaporate and not leave a residue on the toys like most other cleaning liquids will.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #5
OTMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Get the new clorox spray that can be left on surfaces. It's a LIFESAVER!

Wipe down the crib rails, etc....stuff that you wouldn't have thought about. BUt clorox spray is great for all that.
OTMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Looks like we are doing the same thing today. I am actually taking a break from cleaning everything. We put a lot of her toys in the dishwasher last night and wiped everything else with lysol wipes. So far every toy that she has touched today will also be washed until she stops showing symptoms. I also put her stuffed animals that were with us at the hospital in the washer on delicate and they came out fine.