Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

Wonderoo type cover, but like Prorap???

Does anyone know of a diaper cover that is PUL (I think that's what it's called) like the Prorap, but is a one size like the wonderoo??? With our second child due soon, I started thinking that it would be awesome if I could use one cover for both kids all the way through. Even a Wonderoo without the liner would be great (one that I could reuse if it wasn't wicked through to the outside). Do they make such a thing?? Maybe even a WAHM cover with Wonderoo type snaps to make it one-size? I hope, I hope, I hope...

Last edited by Cranberrycove; 05-22-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Cranberrycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wonderoo type cover, but like Prorap???

You can get a Cuddle Buns cover, they are OS and I think that ME has a OS cover. You could use a wonderoo just fine (the suedecloth should NOT carry wetness to the outside) BUT I have to caution you that OS diapers never seem to be OS. They fit best at 10-12lbs (know that from experience) and most people find they don't go past 25lbs (just what I heard, dd isn't there yet). HTH
RachelFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know the Bummis Super Wisper Wrap has a great range in there mediums 15-30 pounds and has the same feel as the Wonderoo on the outside, (I think the prowrap feels differently) but I am not sure if that is what you mean. From pictures of what I have seen on the BG, they fit a large variety of kids, but then again that is a pocket not a cover.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaelovesenglish
I know the Bummis Super Wisper Wrap has a great range in there mediums 15-30 pounds and has the same feel as the Wonderoo on the outside, (I think the prowrap feels differently) but I am not sure if that is what you mean. From pictures of what I have seen on the BG, they fit a large variety of kids, but then again that is a pocket not a cover.
I have had problems with the BSWW wicking. I actually like the PUL on the inside of the Prorap because it doesn't hold the wetness like the BSWW does so I can use it again if the edge binding doesn't get wet. I did like the fit of the BSWW with my son and may end up using that again for the baby. He has been wearing medium since he was 3 months old...and it still fits, but he wets too much to use anymore.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:43 PM   #5
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelFlores
You can get a Cuddle Buns cover, they are OS and I think that ME has a OS cover. You could use a wonderoo just fine (the suedecloth should NOT carry wetness to the outside) BUT I have to caution you that OS diapers never seem to be OS. They fit best at 10-12lbs (know that from experience) and most people find they don't go past 25lbs (just what I heard, dd isn't there yet). HTH
I just checked out the cuddle buns. What does ME mean?? I'm not up on all the diaper lingo yet. I was concerned about using the wonderoo as a cover because of the suedecloth. I wonder though, if this is just a dream and I'd just be better off buying a bunch of size smalls until the baby fits into my son's mediums. I was thinking of starting off with disposables....but now as it get closer...I'll be washing my son's diapers anyway so what's a few more.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
jodi5
Registered Users

I use the Bummis SWW and it works great. I use it over and over throughout the day. I think it works best with prefolds trifolded so there is nothing near the leg bindings.

I tried our one bumgenius yesterday as a cover and it did really well. I used it throughout the day without a problem.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

ME stands for mother ease - they sell only through their website www.motherease.com

If you like the wonderoo as a cover, I don't see why you can't use it as one...

But I too have found the upper weight limits on the wonderoo to be in the 25 lb range.. I thought the Bummis were the best for having my kids all in the same size covers. Especially the whisper pants.. the mediums fit both my then 4 month old and my then 2 year olds at the same time
Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #8
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

Sorry, I checked the mother ease site after I posted. They don' t have a one-size cover. Only OS diapers..
Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Pockets can be used as covers, it's even suggested on the pocket diapers site
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote