Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
9 month check up--does anyone else's dc go under the charts for weight???

I took dd in for her 9 mo on Tue., and she is -3% for her weight and only 5% for her height. Dh is 6'1 and I am 5'10. She eats like crazy so I don't know what to do. I still nurse her 2-3x a day. Anyone else have these issues??
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 9 month check up--does anyone else's dc go under the charts for weight???

Might help to know how much she weighs and how tall she is.

My DS is 9 months (he was a 35 week preemie weighing 4lbs 14oz at birth) and he weighs 16lbs 13oz last we checked about a month ago and is 27 inches long.

Charts don't really matter at all. As long as the baby is growing and healthy otherwise. She might just be small right now. My parents are both VERY tall, as are my grandpas. My grandmas ae both short and chubby. Guess who I take after? lol. My grandmas.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She was 6 days early and weighed 7 lbs 11oz was 19.5" at 9 mo she is 14 lbs and 25 3/4". Both of her grandmas and grandpas are tall. We have height in both sides of our families. I guess she is just going to be behind in some things. She isn't even crawling yet and has no desire to do so.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Dont worry mama! As long as she is eating well everything should be fine. My dd was not on the charts for sometime. She only gained a couple of ounces in a 7 month time period. At 12 months old she barely weighed 16 lbs....now that she is older and eating solid food and drinking whole milk she is slowely starting to gain. Last time we checked she was 3% in weight and 5% in height. She had no problem eating so I knew she was fine.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #5
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dd who just turned 2 has always been tiny... from 6 months to 18 months she gained less than a pound even though she eats quite well, she still only weighs 22 pounds, and is about 2 1/2 foot tall.

Every baby is different in how they grow... here is the perfect example... keep in mind how tiny my dd is.. my ds who turned 1 the day after dd turned 2 weighs 30 pounds, and is 33" tall... he is 2 inches taller than my 2yo, and 8 pounds heavier... my dd is below.. yes below the lowest lines on the growth charts... my ds is way way way above the highest lines on the growth chart. They both have the same 2 parents, we are both short and were skinny as kids, but you have to remember that babies are not our clones, but our blend
Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
pingumel

don't worry! it only matters if she totally drops off the charts disproportionately - like, if she's 5% one visit, -5% another, -15% the next, -25% ... you get the idea. if she's consistently low, that's fine. she'll grow when she's ready! do you know if you or DH were small babies?
DH is 6'3" and i'm 5'9", and DS is around 5-10% on the weight curve. i think he'll grow eventually. DH and i were both smallish babies, so that's probalby why.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

Camden has never been on the charts (for ANYTHING other than head size, LOL)!

Just make sure she is eating enough and is meeting developmental milestones. Was your ped concerned??

Cam is two next month and doesn't weigh 20 lbs, so I have a scewed sense of what is "normal", ya know? But, we follow his own little curve, since he's had so many health problems.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad to hear I am not alone, because it has been a big concern of mine. The ped wasn't too concerend, she has been low since like 4 mo. but it has been low in both height and weight not just one or the other. Nothing totally crazy anyway. They said if I don't notice a growth spurt this month they want me to bring her in, in a month to check her weight since her next appt. isn't until she is a yr.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #9
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just had our 10m (supposed to be 9m, but couldn't get in...) and had the same thing. DD's 11 and 18% for weight and height (17 lbs. & 26") which seems wierd to me as she was in the 90th %ile for height as a nb--and always in the 50th for weight. Once we moved to a holistic ped, DD was suddenly in the teens. I asked her yest. if she was using a BF babies' chart and she wasn't.
I'm still confused, but she said that DD is only 1-2% off (higher to lower) from last visit and THAT'S what she's most interested in, like PP said.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know that you can use flax seed oil or fish oil and those help for weight gain. I would just BF more and just keep her eating.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote