Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #1
prissygirls
Registered Users
seller

Bad appointment

Okay so I was all excited about my first appointment with the Dr. today. My appointment was at 10:30, the girls were not allowed to go outside because they would get totally dirty. So we were bored all morning we leave at 10:00 to make the appointment a little early to fill out paper work. So need less to say, it did not go my way. They did not even call my name to fill out the paper work until 11:30!!!! Mind you I have my two girls with me who are 3 and 2. I was highly PO'd. They call me back around 11:45. Then they do an ultrasound after I said that it was to early to see anything, and they saw nothing! So they move me to a different room and the nurse/something or other who is to see me instead of my dr comes in. She says well I do not see anything in the ultrasounds so you might not be preg. or it is just to early to see anything. I am like you think I am not preg. She wanted me to do some blood work that I had done last week. So I told her, I just had three tests done that said I was preg and that my HcG levels were fine. She then actually looks at my chart and was like oh yeah Well then you should be fine, come back in two weeks for another ultrasound. Why, I will only be 7 weeks then? I just do not understand dr. This appointment was a total waste of my time. I am seriously considering going to a midwive and never going back!
prissygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #2
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bad appointment

I love my ob and would never switch to a midwife just b/c I love her so much... but in this case I think it'd be a wise decision.
and sorry it sucked so much.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Ugh, sounds like a PITA. Can you write a letter to them? I'm sure if you complain to the top dog somehow maybe they can organize a little better. Or complain to the Dr. next time. Sometimes it takes awhile in the waiting room, but if the whole visit was a waste of your time, someone needs to hear about it!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awful visit! Mine usually calls if they are late, especially that late. I'd be pretty mad that they hadn't read the chart either.

I remember seeing your post a few days ago about a low hcg level, sounds like it is doubling ok from you update.

I just wonder if they might be worried about ectopic or other hormone issue & that is why they want you to come back, but the nurse didn't want to say b/c they don't want to worry you (which is wrong, they should keep you informed if that's the issue).

Maybe you can call them & insist the md read your file & tell you for sure WHY exactly you need to come back in 2 weeks & if they are worried at all about your hormone levels or if that is not a concern at all.

I just went thru an ectopic, so while I know my perspective is not objective at the moment, I just want to mention it as a remote possibility to check out before you ditch the appointment.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:13 AM   #5
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That stinks about your appt. I can't believe how unaware they were, I mean not even looking at your chart instead saying you might not be preg. geesh! I can totally understand why you'd want to switch to a midwife!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:18 AM   #6
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that does sound like an awful appt. In your case, I'd probably be switching to a MW as well or a new OB. I love my OB to pieces, but he doesn't accept my insurance now so I'm not sure what we're going to do when we decide to have another baby. I never had an u/s before 9 weeks and even then it was a vaginal u/s. That's just nuts.....
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:47 AM   #7
MamaJenn
Banned

My Mood:

MamaJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

Slamming my head against a wall for you!!! I would swith Dr's or drop western medicine all together and go wiht a MW
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ANother vote for a MW!!
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:35 AM   #10
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That really stinks...I hate having to wait so long in the waiting room for your appointment.

FWIW~ I had an U/S done at 9 weeks with my second and we could see her quite easily.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote