Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:
big family moms....diff between DC#2-#3?

ok.. we are still young and have plenty of time to do this.. But I kinda look at it as if we are already do " this" ( having little babies we should just do it all at once ) it's how we wanted to do it when we have DD in 01.. but for whatever reason we never conceived.. until BOOM we had Gage in 6-06.. my husband is very happy with a boy and a girl.. I personally would have as many as we could comfortably afford.. but I just want to know.. what differences are there between 2 and 3 or more kids? easier or harder? right now we have a 5 year old and a 7m old.. just looking for any input on this topic.. I am looking forward to reading your input.. thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #2
ttrjpbc
Transaction Issues arising. Please file a cliam if you are waiting on items!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: big family moms....diff between DC#2-#3?

I have 6..........there wasn't a difference between 2 and 3 for me. My BIG change came with # 4 (I think I was coo-coo for awhile) then after that it didn't matter how many! I was already coo-coo so bring them on!!

Seriously though, I think everyone's tolerence is different, and my children were very close in age. When #4 was born, I had a 2yo, 3yo and 5yo.....so, that had a lot to do with my mental stability lol

Then once I got used to having a bunch I learned to do things differently and things got easier again! Your two are far enough apart already that you wouldn't be in the same boat I was.....
ttrjpbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

I didn't see a difference between #2 and #3. All three of mine are 2-2.5yrs apart so we really didn't have any close together. They're all far enough apart that there is a decent age span but they are close enough to play together. The oldest is also a great help with the baby.

But I think once you figure out two... a third, fourth, fifth, six... whatever REEEALY doesn't make too much of a difference. By the time you have two, you're already used to having your mind split into different levels.

good luck if you TTC again!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:09 PM   #4
chelle0518
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Two to three was easy for me! I'm contemplating a fourth now, so I'm either totally or comfy with the transition! I think it depends on your kids...my oldest is an easy to deal with kind of guy. He was 22mo when #2 was born. I couldn't fathom a third when DS#2 was 22 months b/c he was nuts! (still is) But he was 3 when #3 was born and it worked. You'll know what's right for you!
Old 01-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

For me there was no difference going from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 or 5 to 6 or 6 to 7 and i dounbt I will see one when 8 gets here!!! Yeah, call me crazy...lol...everyone else does!! But I have had a sibling group of 5 (foster children) added on to my 6 before....which made 11...I have had a daycare for the past 8 years. So I have ALWAYS had KIDS KIDS KIDS running around. It is easier for me when I have a houseful. I wasn't happy with out them....my kids are my joy. The more the merrier...literally!! They all play well and help each other. I love it!!! I know not everyone can do it, but it comes naturally for me. They also do not cost that much more either after 2 or 3. So cost is not an issue.

I say go for it!!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #6
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, I'm pregnant with #4 and going from 2 to 3 kids was a BREEZE!! So, easy.. LOL My hardest for me was going from 1-2 (so far lol).
Old 01-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #7
pottymomma
Registered Users
seller

I am pg. with #4. I found going from 1-2 was a breeze, but 3-4 was really hard. Then again mine are very close together...only 2 years between each of ours. Also, my husband got a new job, went away for training for 3 months leaving me to sell our house, move us, and buy a new house all within 2 months of baby 3 being born. Craaa---aaaaa---zy!!! I told him that this time around he was taking time off work and I was going to kick it in bed for a week after the baby came. So there!

http://pottymomma.blogspot.com
pottymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
alivals
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelle0518 View Post
Two to three was easy for me! I'm contemplating a fourth now, so I'm either totally or comfy with the transition! I think it depends on your kids...my oldest is an easy to deal with kind of guy. He was 22mo when #2 was born. I couldn't fathom a third when DS#2 was 22 months b/c he was nuts! (still is) But he was 3 when #3 was born and it worked. You'll know what's right for you!
This sounds a lot like our family...but our #2 was a wild girl I thought going from 1-2 was way harder than 2-3. I was not prepared for how more work a 2nd would be. You just don't have any time for yourself. #1 was 22mos when dd was born and dd was 3 1/2 when #3 was born. After 2 kids you're already busy so with more you just stay busy and you're already used to having no time for yourself

I'm not strict AP, I just go with what feels right and what works with each kid. My dd was a power sleeper, slept through the night at 6 wks...yes she was bf'd But both my boys ended up in bed with us. Whatever gets you sleep works for me!

I would love to have a 4th but it would have to be before I get a taste of freedom
alivals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
karmamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay, now I officially have third-baby fever I'm sure my dh does not thank you
karmamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started off with 2 (twins) so it wasn't that much more to go from 2 to 3. It actually seemed EASY for me since there were 2 of us and only 1 of him. The twins were in preK when he was born so we had a blast over the summer and then they started a full day K program. It was actually a great transition for us. Going from 3 to 4 was a bit more challenging since I was totally out numbered! LOL Going from 4 to 5 was a cake walk, esp since I was a SAHM. Working would have been harder. Going from 5 to 6 should be fun