Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does anyone NOT use plastic bottles because they feel their not safe?

for their own personal use or for their DC's and use glass instead???
DH is really concerned about plastic and heat and the chemicals that are released into plastic when it's heated up. Anyway, just wondering if there are other's who feel the same way?

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone NOT use plastic bottles because they feel their not safe?

If I knew then what I know now, I would've bought DS glass bottles. As it is, we can't afford to replace all of our bottles, and he can't use anything but an Avent nipple, so we couldn't change if we wanted to. However, for any future children, any bottles they get will be glass. And I want to snatch a few Kleen Kanteen bottles for myself.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids use plastic sippy's but I refuse to have any food heated in the microwave in plastic. My dh firmly disagrees so we are always differing on this one.

And we haven't even broached the subject of using the microwave itself. My aunt refuses to eat anything that came out of a microwave.
For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
tsk_mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are gradually trying to replace with glass & get used to not using it ... so YES I feel the same way. DH understands my point but doesnt care either way. Its hard for my 8 yr DC to get used too.
We are trying to faze out our microwave too! Just b/c its convenient doesnt mean its best....that dang toaster oven takes longer
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
odenata
Registered Users
seller

I phased out a lot of plastic in our kitchen shortly after dd was born. I got rid of any tupperware and got Pyrex instead, and I love it. I do use a few plastic sippy cups and water glasses, but they never go in the dishwasher and the water gets changed frequently.
odenata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #6
cicily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If we have to use bottles for our next child, we'll probably end up using these: http://www.newbornfree.com/pics/bornfree/index.htm
cicily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

Ok so before we had my DS, I sat down and had a big long talk with DH about our health and the health of our soon to be borns son... We made some changes.. I was like everyone else, not enough money to whip out and spend on new Glass Tupperware, or get different bottles that had already been bought for us through baby showers... I found online one day glass bottles for 1.00 a piece, I bought 3. My son only gets a bottle a day anyway... When DH gets home he can sit and bond with DS and feed him a bottle.. I then got online and sold all my NEW bottles on Ebay.. Cause they were all plastic, I did not care... Made some money that way... I tell you I had tons of plastic tupperware to... We used that stuff like crazy.. Got rid of it all slowly.. Now we only have glass pyrex, and I love it!!!!

I have had no issues with breakage... And plan on useing glass on my future kids... I am currently looking into Siggs and other good sippy cups.. Just means I have to sell off more things we dont need lol..

As for the microwave.. Very rarely do I use it... I really try hard to refrain from it.. Its more of a convience then anything..

We also only use natural soap products with no laurly leth or whatever its called..

I know some say its crazy, not to worry about it.. But my DH was a hypercondract, (spelled wrong) before we were together... When I met him he was a mess... I had alot of work to do on him before I got him to calm down... He takes vitamins and eats healthy now, and really says he feels better all together... So who knows...

Here is the site I used for personal products that are natural..
http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep2/advanced.php

here is where you can get inexpensive glass bottles.
http://store.babycenter.com/product/...e.do?asc=false

website with alot of healthy information
http://www.care2.com/
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote