Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
Darweshi
Registered Users
seller

Do I stink or something?

I don't get it. I have sent no less than half a dozen PMs to different mamas over the past few months trying to buy diapers and I have never once gotten a response. Not even a "sorry, these have sold". And I have always responded to active listings (not ones that have been posted several days or weeks ago). I realize I am new, but I always send info about my feedback in other forums and on ebay. On other forums, the etiquette seems to be that you respond back to all PMs about wanting to make a purchase, even if they have been sold...just so the other member knows that the item is no longer available and they can move on. Is that not the norm here?

Am I missing something? Or do I really stink? I know my diapers do sometimes.
Darweshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
savyjoel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I stink or something?

This happens to me too sometimes--I don't get it. If you list something to sell do you not want to check often if someone has contacted you about it?? When I'm trying to sell I try my best to check my mail several times a day. I know that moms are busy people and it's hard to get to the computer but please check 1x a day and respond to all post/messages. Very frustrating when we are waiting. Thanks to those who do this already.
savyjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
zacks_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darweshi View Post
I don't get it. I have sent no less than half a dozen PMs to different mamas over the past few months trying to buy diapers and I have never once gotten a response. Not even a "sorry, these have sold". And I have always responded to active listings (not ones that have been posted several days or weeks ago). I realize I am new, but I always send info about my feedback in other forums and on ebay. On other forums, the etiquette seems to be that you respond back to all PMs about wanting to make a purchase, even if they have been sold...just so the other member knows that the item is no longer available and they can move on. Is that not the norm here?

Am I missing something? Or do I really stink? I know my diapers do sometimes.
sniff sniff...I dont smell anything...
Old 11-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
Darweshi
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacks_mommy View Post
sniff sniff...I dont smell anything...
Well, that is good anyway. I swear, I do shower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savyjoel View Post
This happens to me too sometimes--I don't get it. If you list something to sell do you not want to check often if someone has contacted you about it?? When I'm trying to sell I try my best to check my mail several times a day. I know that moms are busy people and it's hard to get to the computer but please check 1x a day and respond to all post/messages. Very frustrating when we are waiting. Thanks to those who do this already.
Glad I am not the only one. It is just odd. Not ONE response from anyone...I was about to give up on DS. Maybe I will try again a few times.
Darweshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
justbishop
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you've PM'd me, I didn't get it
justbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
KaysieW003
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been having the same thing happen to me. I PM, but get no response as to wether it is sold, pending or still available. I am thankful to those mama's who do send me a message back so I can move on! so it's not just you
Old 11-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes I don't get a response. I pm and/or post to the thread. I'm sorry this seems to be happening to you a lot.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote