Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Red face I feel sort of crazy even posting in here

We are looking at TTC again and I feel sort of crazy even thinking about it With Max I had to go through fertility treatments and conceived with Clomid/trigger we decided to not do IUI that cycle and was actually the last cycle we were planning on doing at all. The next thing we were looking at was going on to injectacables/IUI and we were just going to start looking more into adopting(something we have always wanted to do) well we ended up getting PG wtih Max who just turned 1 this month.

I just can't do fertility treatments again it is just too painful and makes me feel exteremly broken It really took a mental toll on me and I just cant do it again. DH is fine he actually has a really high sperm count, so it is all me.

I am BFing(he still nurses all the time and barely/hardly eats any real food) and I haven't even had a AF. It was not uncommon for me to go months(sometimes 4-6) with out even having one before. Even on Clomid/trigger I had to take Provera several times to get a AF

I don't even know if I have a chance of even getting PG. Part of me seriously was thinking about buying a 100 OPK's from the co-op and just testing everyday
Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
kt~mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: ben***katieh
seller

My Mood:
Re: I feel sort of crazy even posting in here

well, that would be a great experiment! you never know, you might have a s super easy time with the next one. if i were you i'd pay super close attention to cervical fluid because i've heard (read) several people saying your first ovulation after a baby is veeery fertile. and in the meantime you can look further into adoption
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
ldwhitfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt~mommy View Post
well, that would be a great experiment! you never know, you might have a s super easy time with the next one. if i were you i'd pay super close attention to cervical fluid because i've heard (read) several people saying your first ovulation after a baby is veeery fertile. and in the meantime you can look further into adoption
That would be me - very fertile first ovulation after baby. Took five years and fertility to conceive DD#1. Got pregnant with DS when DD#1 was 9 months (had no period since birth). Got pregnant with DD#2 when DS was one (had no period since birth). Had great fluid this past March - KNOW I was fertile, but hubby was away. Since then have had cycles (first since before DD#1 was born), but crummy fluid and no pregnancy. So, for me, that first O after birth is the best.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have been looking into adoption a lot more lately and since we got together we have talked about it....I have a feeling I am suppose to do it, its sort of hard to explain

I have heard that about being hyperfertile too maybe I could get twins
Old 11-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Get you the opk's and test them out mama. Goodluck to you!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sally thanks so its not crazy that I want to get a bunch of them I guess if anything it will bring back my POAS addiction!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post
Sally thanks so its not crazy that I want to get a bunch of them I guess if anything it will bring back my POAS addiction!
i totally understand the poas addiction...and the strong urge to ttc, especially after trying so hard for so long.

im anxious to ttc again, but i know i need to make sure i have enough energy/milk to raise the babies i have now...so i wait. especially since every day that passes, they both get more and more active/energetic...lol

im excited to see how your journey plays out. and you know we're here for you.

*edited to remove the paragraph where i tell you to keep nursing your ONE MONTH OLD for as long as possible...i misread it, tho i did remember being on atts with you when you got preggers w/ max so i dont know why i got confused....

Last edited by beckstar; 12-01-2009 at 10:07 AM.
beckstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
Cyn_Cyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRocks View Post
Crazy, NO!! I tell ya whats crazy is the fact that my DH was deployed for 13 months and I was still buying CD!! I was in no position at all to ttc again and here I was buying dipes. That's carzy!!

I understand what you are sayin though. With DS2 we had all sorts of troubles ttc. Fertility meds were no help. We were talking about IUI, etc and I finally just gave up...

Low and behold we were pg after 2 yrs of trying. Well, when he was 11 months old I got my 2nd AF and my DD. True miracle.
Maybe this time things will be different and you wont have to go through all of it again.
Oh and that was with DS EBFing. GL.

Mama P's Goodies on facebook
Cyn_Cyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Not crazy at all, and at .35/each, you should grab a bunch! I am debating on ordering more too although we aren;t ttc yet, I have babyfever..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
RoxyRocks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the last co-op I was in for HPT/OPK's like 2 years ago I ordered 50 of each