Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Pocket_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Rave for Winsome What-Nots FFF!

I got TEN diapers in the mail today! Even some yarn, too ... which was great. It's been so long since I have had new diapers. And I have ten MORE coming too, made with my tie dyed flats.

Take a look!

They work great - I already have 4 (posted a rave a few days ago) FFF by Winsome What-Nots at www.hyenacart.com/winsomewhat-nots. I picked all of these flannel fabrics. Quite a few of them are available at her HC, free shipping until the 26th, too.

I'll have to take a pic of her in them tomorrow. I took the pic and then threw them in the wash.
Pocket_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rave for Winsome What-Nots FFF!

Those are so cute! I've never used flats before; is there any elastic at all? It looks like there is some at the legs, but I thought flats didn't have elastic.

So, are they as trim or absorbent as a fitted? Do you use a cover with them? I'm just so impressed with the price tag that I'm considering trying one. She's got some cute stuff in stock.

Irish Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #3
momtokimmilise
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Those look like they'd be great for EC'ing.
momtokimmilise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
Pocket_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, these aren't flats ... I sent her my flats to use as outers, that's what I meant! Sorry. These are fitteds that you use one pin for - you can check out her tutorial for a nifty "commercial" that one of her other customers did for her.

We do some EC - mostly when I remember, and they do work very well!

Here is a pic of her in one of her others, I just took this the other day for Lisa (the WAHM).

Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
Pocket_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Mama View Post
Those are so cute! I've never used flats before; is there any elastic at all? It looks like there is some at the legs, but I thought flats didn't have elastic.

So, are they as trim or absorbent as a fitted? Do you use a cover with them? I'm just so impressed with the price tag that I'm considering trying one. She's got some cute stuff in stock.
I'm sorry, I missed your other questions. They are very trim! They are not the most absorbant diaper I have used but they do the job well, they must, I'll be getting 24 of them because I love them so much. They are one size, so I plan to use them with the next baby, too. I use them with my wool cover and longies.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
Irish Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They're so darned cute and inexpensive that I might just have to try one and see if it works for us. I've always used a microfiber towel topped with a microfleece liner with my PFs for added absorbency; I can't see any reason why I couldn't do that here.

Something else for me to spend my money on.

Irish Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
Pocket_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, do try one! I started with two, didn't use them much because I couldn't pin right, I was too chicken! Then I watched the video tutorial and got it right away, I was so proud of myself. How silly, but true!

If I know I can't change her as often as I normally do, I put a doubler in, or I also fold a flat and use it at night sometimes. But even when the dipe is soaked, the wool holds it in for me so I haven't had any issues with leaking.