Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Vaccine side-effects?

We have been delaying my daughters 6 months shots because of this..
When we had my DD's 4 month shots - both of her legs went a dark purple, and when we asked if this had happened to anyone elses child, the nurse said "oh well that has not happened before" but she assured us this was normal.

Her date for her 6 months shots is tomorrow... but my DH is quite hesitant about having this done. Has this happened to anyone else's child ?

Thoughts?

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 AM   #2
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaccine side-effects?

I love it. The old "its normal" comeback. and if it's normal how come it hadn't happened to anyone else?.. oh the things they'll say.

Did you happen to check out the HPV vax thread recently? in that I have compliled a long ol' post about reporting side effects. I emplore you to check it out. I'll do get / find the link.

All I can offer you at this point is if you decide to vax please see that link...

Here's the link.

BTW - you can always postpone the appt. and think more about it.

Last edited by moonphishers; 01-24-2007 at 12:14 AM.
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #3
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers View Post
I love it. The old "its normal" comeback. and if it's normal how come it hadn't happened to anyone else?.. oh the things they'll say.

Did you happen to check out the HPV vax thread recently? in that I have compliled a long ol' post about reporting side effects. I emplore you to check it out. I'll do get / find the link.

All I can offer you at this point is if you decide to vax please see that link...
Yeah we've NEVER had this problem with any of our other children, for some reason this happened to her. I am scared because of the link between vaccines and autism, and my oldest son has high functioning autism, and my youngest son is fully autistic... *sigh*

my DH wants a consult with our doctor before we vax..

Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #4
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allye View Post
Yeah we've NEVER had this problem with any of our other children, for some reason this happened to her. I am scared because of the link between vaccines and autism, and my oldest son has high functioning autism, and my youngest son is fully autistic... *sigh*

Just wanted to add... with or without the docs "approval", research more mama!! Reasearch more.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #5
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers View Post

Just wanted to add... with or without the docs "approval", research more mama!! Reasearch more.
Oh I am going to for sure! I don't want anything happening to her

Old 01-24-2007, 01:36 AM   #6
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

with 2 autistic kids i'd venture a guess that your family is genetically predisposed to autism and would STOP all vax's until you could do some MAJOR research into it.

as for consulting your doctor, i wouldnt suggest taking what they say as gospel either as the vast majority of them will push vax's and tell you it was probably a one time freak reaction, blah blah blah. i really wouldnt put a whole lot of faith in what they have to say. i say either delay the appt or go for the check up and just refuse the vax's saying your doing your own research and will make another appt when you decide what you're going to do.

Seriously, with your family history, you really need to look into this, for your dd's sake as well as your other children regarding their boosters and such. A good place to start is MDC's vax board. also check out "what your dr may not tell you about childrens vaccinations" by stephanie cave MD. its a very good book, thats not totally anti vax and she recommends a delayed schedule. its a great starting resource, it goes into details on each of the diseases...symptoms, treatment, side effects, stats...and each of the vaxs including side effects, potential links, long term effects, etc...

good luck mama!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:11 AM   #7
Hitchkids
Registered Users

Personally, I would delay and research and not do anything until you are totally comfortable with your decision. This is a hard thing to deal with at times. I have a brother who suffered neurological damage from a vaccine as a child. He talks about how he can remember being a happy person "before" and it totally changed his personality and our entire family. Then one of my kids had an unusual reaction to the same vaccine. Naturally, the ped and nurses blew it off and told me it was all normal. My gut tells me it's not and that for our family, we are simply genetically predisposed to have problems with them. They are not safe for everyone and if your child is the one who gets hurt, the small chance of something going wrong is not small enough. Not trying to scare anyone, really just thinking out loud. I'm also struggling with the idea that I'm doing something wrong or not protecting my kids if they don't get the vaccines but also feeling like they are at risk from them too. Wish there was an easier answer.
Hitchkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #8
allye
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoria View Post
with 2 autistic kids i'd venture a guess that your family is genetically predisposed to autism and would STOP all vax's until you could do some MAJOR research into it.

as for consulting your doctor, i wouldnt suggest taking what they say as gospel either as the vast majority of them will push vax's and tell you it was probably a one time freak reaction, blah blah blah. i really wouldnt put a whole lot of faith in what they have to say. i say either delay the appt or go for the check up and just refuse the vax's saying your doing your own research and will make another appt when you decide what you're going to do.

Seriously, with your family history, you really need to look into this, for your dd's sake as well as your other children regarding their boosters and such. A good place to start is MDC's vax board. also check out "what your dr may not tell you about childrens vaccinations" by stephanie cave MD. its a very good book, thats not totally anti vax and she recommends a delayed schedule. its a great starting resource, it goes into details on each of the diseases...symptoms, treatment, side effects, stats...and each of the vaxs including side effects, potential links, long term effects, etc...

good luck mama!
Hey there!
The autism they figure came from my ex dhs side as a daughter he had with his now ex wife (not me!) also has high functioning autism ... but my mother seems to think the autism came from the vaccines as my youngest son was doing everything right early and then he got his 12 month shots and bam, regressed so badly it wasn't even funny.
My oldest son and my youngest son are from my ex dh ... I know it did not come from my side because I have 2 daughters after being with him and neither one of them are autistic nor show tendancies infact my 4 yr old dd was a major exception - crawled at four months, walked at 7 months...

I am def. going to do more research into this . The only problem here is child protection does not look kindly into not getting your children vaccinated, they find it a form of child neglect...

Old 01-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hey there!
The autism they figure came from my ex dhs side as a daughter he had with his now ex wife (not me!) also has high functioning autism ... but my mother seems to think the autism came from the vaccines as my youngest son was doing everything right early and then he got his 12 month shots and bam, regressed so badly it wasn't even funny.
My oldest son and my youngest son are from my ex dh ... I know it did not come from my side because I have 2 daughters after being with him and neither one of them are autistic nor show tendancies infact my 4 yr old dd was a major exception - crawled at four months, walked at 7 months...

I am def. going to do more research into this . The only problem here is child protection does not look kindly into not getting your children vaccinated, they find it a form of child neglect...
not quite sure who "they" is, but again, i wouldnt put a whole lot of faith in their reasoning. the predisposition may come from your ex's side, but with your dd having a reaction like she had, i'd bet theres something on your side as well. genetic odds play a role, just like brown vs blonde hair, not all of them are gonna end up with blonde, but its still in their genes, kwim? genes mixed with the heavy metal overload on their systems brought out the autism. i believe the vast majority of kids with autism is because of a combination of genetic predisposition but it woudlnt have been brought to the surface without all the metal in the vax's. do you have a family history of autoimmune diseases? one theory is that the more people in your family with them the higher the likleyhood that you will have a child with autism.

as for child services, dont skip your well baby appointments, just dont get the vax's. that way they cant claim neglect as your child is still seeing a dr as often as every one else does.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
laprettygurl
Registered Users

Quote:

By here you mean BC right? I had no problem in Ontario and hopefully not here in AB either.

http://www.vran.org/index.htm

http://www.vran.org/legal/legal.htm

BC doesn't need proof of vax for school so I assume daycare is the same.

Ebay feedback MDC feedback
Actually 53 lbs! lol
laprettygurl is offline   Reply With Quote