Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
kjo
Registered Users
Formerly: kjwa***n
seller

Tummy Sleeper with Angelcare Monitor?

Anyone tried the Angelcare Monitor for a tummy sleeper. DS is 4 weeks and I have put him on his tummy next to me on the couch to calm down and he LOVES it. He is outgrowing the swaddle and breaks himself free most of the time. Just wondering if anyone used the Angelcare monitor and let their newborns sleep on their tummy?
kjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Re: Tummy Sleeper with Angelcare Monitor?

We had the Angelcare monitor and I would sometimes let DS sleep on his tummy, once he learned to roll over (4 months) he always slept on his tummy. When he was in the NICU after he was born and hooked up to all of the monitors the nurses put him to sleep on his belly. I figured if they did it, I could too.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

yes, we kept the angelcare monitor on until Logan was in a big bed. It was the best thing I think i ever purchased
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #4
hillybean
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post
yes, we kept the angelcare monitor on until Logan was in a big bed. It was the best thing I think i ever purchased
Agreed! This is the only device that gave me piece of mind and allowed me to get some rest too!! We also allowed our DD to sleep on her tummy once she could roll there herself.
Hi! I'm Hillary, mama to two beautiful girlies, Avery Lauren 2/15/08, and Carleigh Louise 8/16/10, and wifey to Trav the eternal romantic "There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going" ~Willy Wonka
hillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillybean View Post
Agreed! This is the only device that gave me piece of mind and allowed me to get some rest too!! We also allowed our DD to sleep on her tummy once she could roll there herself.
me too. We got ours when DD started rolling over and sleeping on her tummy. Iwas a wreck the first couple of nights until we got the monitor. Best baby thing I ever bought
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post

Loved, loved, loved my AngelCare monitor! That thing is the only reason I could sleep peacefully with DS in his own room. We kept it on until we converted his bed to a toddler bed for his 2nd birthday.

yummymummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

i've never used the angelcare monitor but my middle child was a preemie and came home on an apnea monitor and I have to say that it truly was wonderful. Yeah it was a ginormous PITA to carry around constantly but at night or when I put her in her basinette to shower, I KNEW she was breathing. And truly it was a very real threat that she would forget to breathe. It happened all the time. In the car she would forget, deep in sleep in teh middle of the night she would forget, etc. And there was only one time she needed help remembering to breathe. Usually the monitor woke her up. I don't know how loud the angelcare is but our monitor was a piercing shriek that sounded every second until she self-corrected or we silenced it and it was wake-the-neighbors loud. No joke. The first beep would wake you from REM sleep. But it was wonderful peace of mind to let her sleep on her belly the way they placed her in the nicu and the way she was used to.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryGnomeHome View Post
i've never used the angelcare monitor but my middle child was a preemie and came home on an apnea monitor and I have to say that it truly was wonderful. Yeah it was a ginormous PITA to carry around constantly but at night or when I put her in her basinette to shower, I KNEW she was breathing. And truly it was a very real threat that she would forget to breathe. It happened all the time. In the car she would forget, deep in sleep in teh middle of the night she would forget, etc. And there was only one time she needed help remembering to breathe. Usually the monitor woke her up. I don't know how loud the angelcare is but our monitor was a piercing shriek that sounded every second until she self-corrected or we silenced it and it was wake-the-neighbors loud. No joke. The first beep would wake you from REM sleep. But it was wonderful peace of mind to let her sleep on her belly the way they placed her in the nicu and the way she was used to.
DS2 also had an apnea monitor so I totally can relate to the piercing shriek.. its like a fire alarm! He had his until 10.5 months mainly because his Dr KNEW that thing was like my security blanket. I watched my child turn blue way too many times too be able to actually sleep without the monitor. He now as a pulse oximeter that sounds if his heartrate or oxygen saturations drop, but its not nearly as loud.

It was a PITA but I felt so much better having the apnea monitor.. I have no experience with the angelcare monitor though.

But anyways, yes I did let DS sleep on his belly with the monitor. But he also had laryngotracheomalacia so it was much easier for him to breathe on his belly.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
b'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS2 would only sleep on his tummy, so I used the Angelcare Monitor and felt fine with it.
b'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #10
crazykerry
Registered Users

Same here. It was the best thing I ever got for my baby. We both get sleep becuase I can relax. I have never had a "false" alarm (knock on wood) short of me forgetting to turn it off when I take him out.
crazykerry is offline   Reply With Quote