View Poll Results: Do your children had a t.v. in their room?
yes 43 17.27%
no 178 71.49%
yes - we co-sleep and have one in our room 10 4.02%
no - we don't have a t.v. at all 11 4.42%
other 7 2.81%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Do your kids have a t.v. in their room?

I noticed in another post about bedtime that it sounds like a lot of kids might have t.v. in their room.

Just wondering if your little ones have a t.v. in their room. If they do, are they allowed to watch whenever?

Poll to follow.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do your kids have a t.v. in their room?

To answer my own question, my kids do not have a television in their rooms (8, 6 and 5). DH did recently put a t.v. in their toyroom (a little 19" that has a dvd player in it). But, they almost never turn it on. I do prefer for them to watch t.v. in the room that I am in, so that I can supervise the content of what they're watching.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
DaisyDiaper728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I voted no, we don't have a TV at all...b/c we don't. We do however have a laptop and lots of DVD's and of course Hulu, Netflix, etc.
DD is only 1 so she might get an occasional (like once every 2 weeks) partial show of The Wiggles or something similar to keep her distracted when I'm trying to get things done.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nope. We don't do TV's in bedrooms (including ours!) in this house. We have one TV, and it's in the living room. Many days, I want to get rid of it because my husband is so hooked on it. It's like he can't be home and NOT have the TV on, which disturbs me because it's just not at all what I consider normal. At least it's only one TV, though. I'd never put one in a bedroom, though, unless it was for a much older kid (a teenager, or thereabout).
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
MOMMY2LOTSAKIDS
Registered Users

My Mood:

I voted yes we co-sleep and have one in our room, but my two older kids have their own rooms and DO NOT have TVs. They've asked, but I always tell them that I never had a TV in my own room, and I managed just fine! If they are going to watch TV it has to be in the family room where we can all watch as a family. As for the one in our bedroom, we usually just watch the news in the mornings and evenings, and occasionally will let a kid watch a movie in there, if they are sick for example.

My CD store is now open online! Check out www.doodledandidiapers.com ! Our brick and mortar store now open in Cedar Hill, TX - The Changing Station! Come visit us soon!
MOMMY2LOTSAKIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
annemarie72
Registered Users

we have a tv in their room , but they seldom watch it, maybe for an hour during quiet time in the mid afternoon when the youngest is sleeping but thats about it. i dont want them to *isolate* for one and secondly i dont want them watching to much tv. its to nice outside and so much more for us to do together outside
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
sUpermOm81
Do not B/T with. Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if involved in a transaction.
seller

My Mood:

No, the boys dont. We have one in our room and the baby sleeps with us, but its never on.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Yes, we have a tv in every room. My kids get to watch tv whenever they want, but once it is bedtime, we unplug it from the wall so they can't sneak it on. dd used to wait for us to go to bed and then get up and turn on the dvd player and watch tv really late, we caught her so now it gets unplugged at 8pm.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, my kids have tv's in their room. The younger boys do not have a TV, just my older son. They go to his room for video games that are monitored and only allowed if chores are completed and they cash in stars for an hour of play. They can also earn extra stars for extra play by doing odd jobs, etc.

The girls have a tv in their room but they don't watch it. Usually they are playing their cd player or watch dvds on occassion like a dvd of my daughters recent theatre act she did at school. No cable or anything in their rooms or they would be glued to their tvs.

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!

Last edited by imasupernova; 05-17-2010 at 10:25 AM.
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Steady101
Registered Users

No, no tv in bedrooms here including our room.
Steady101 is offline   Reply With Quote