Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Unhappy Jack has hives from strawberries

i feel so unbelievably bad for him it is so heartbreaking. he's taking it very well, but sometimes they're everywhere! i gave him a strawberry at breakfast for a special treat on his birthday, and the next morning he woke up with a hive on his bottom, then there was one of his face, then they were everywhere

so he's had them for two days, sometimes there are none, other times he has like twenty. and of course i feel terrible b/c he didn't feel as good for his birthday party as he normally would have.

is there anything else i can do for him besides giving him the children's bendryl?
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Jack has hives from strawberries

that happened the 1st time i gave them to kylie. I was besides myself. momma

I did accidentaly give them to her 6 months later we were out and i had a smoothy and she wanted it LOL well she was fine, so it was one of those things they grow out of thank goodness.

poor baby
Old 02-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think strawberries are a pretty common allergen. No advice other than the benadryl...is it working?
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcampcat View Post
I think strawberries are a pretty common allergen. No advice other than the benadryl...is it working?
i do think that it works somewhat. he was covered in them this morning when he woke up at six, so it had been nine hours since his last dose. i gave him 1/2 tsp and then they were back to just a few here and there.

we've been giving it to him every six hours, but then today, after five hours, his face was COVERED in them, so i gave him another dose. it looked better really quickly.

i just wish it would make them all go away....and never come back.
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((HUGS))) My kids both have food allergies--but my youngest gets really bad ezcema to certain foods. We had him allergy tested and he can't have any strawberries, either. (He had been eating them all Summer, too--I felt so bad and had no idea that was causing his skin to get red and itchy). He also can't have chocolate...he gets a rash on his cheeks, legs, and bum. On Christmas Eve when my oldest was almost 2 I put Burt's Bees lotion on him (baby lotion--the buttermilk kind) because I love the smell and thought it would be nice after his bath to make him smell good for Christmas morning, etc. Well...he woke up looking like he had a sunburn everywhere the lotion had touched. Needless to say, we later realized he is allergic to milk/milk products...and I felt horrible!!!!

Also, my dr. prescribed Zyrtec for DS2 ezcema--if your son keeps breaking out, you might want to try that--it has made a huge difference for him.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
Mommy2Triplets
Banned

It happened to Kaylee when I first gave her pineapple, I used oatmeal Aveno Baby all over her skin 4 times daily or more and bathed her in the bath mix, not only did it seem to sooth her but they went away fearly quickly, Good Luck Mama!
Mommy2Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote