Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Repeating things from School

My son attends a fairly good public school that we moved into the area just for the school. Yesterday my 8yo was doing his homework. I was quizzing him on his spelling words. He finished and got them all correct. It was then that he kinda did the Michael Jackson thing(you know) and said booyah!!! I asked him where he learned it from because nobody in our house believes that grabbing ones privates are okay. He then precedes to tell me that a boy in his class does it at lunch and recess when nobody's looking. Should I write a note to the teacher to tell her to watch for this boy's icky actions? I figured I would ask before I go overboard with this. I just don't think it's something that a 8yo should be mirroring!!!!

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Repeating things from School

Honestly, while I do agree that it is an absurd behavior and that no one should mimic it and I would not let my child mimic it, if that is the worst thing your 2nd-3rd grader is bringing home from public school I would count my blessings. More than likely the child who is conducting the behavior was taught it by a parent who things its cute to act like Michael Jackson. BLEH...What I would do, however, is reiterate to your 8 year old that it is NEVER EVER appropriate to grab your privates in public and that what this little boy is doing is very rude. Your 8 year old is old enough to understand that, and if he continues the behavior then there should be appropriate consequences based on your house rules!

I'm a public school teacher, and more than likely even if the boy's parents were contacted the school would be able to do very little to control the behavior. If the parents don't see anything wrong with it then they can actually cause problems for the school. Unfotunately in this day in time, too often schools back down to parents.

GL mama!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We gave him a talk about how it was important not to touch your privates. I also told him that if the kid does it again to tell the teacher. Thank goodness his teacher is kinda old fashioned (and wonderful may I add) and usually stops bad behavior right in it's tracks. I was afraid of being the mom that complains about everything.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #4
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That or that is a move some wrestlers do I forget their names. And they say "S**K It" also. UGH!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know if i would say anything about it. I would just have the talk you did with your son.