Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
j+csmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dietary help please!

My DS has been having eczema issues all his lil life. Then he's begun having urinary problems and he's very, shall we say, spirited. Overall he's a healthy boy, no allergies, just the occassional cold. After going to dr after dr for all of his issues, (2 peds, an allergist, derm, and a urol.) I decided we'd go to a naturopath. He did biomeridian testing and found out that he has a lot of heat in his body, and his liver and adrenals aren't functioning right. The dr put him on some supplements (calcium lactate, immuno spray, and viola clear fire, and a probiotic) and recommended some dietary changes. We're supposed to completely elimate dairy, and seriously limit refined sugars, carbs, and soy. My boy lives off of PBJ, yogurt, and soy milk!!! (granted it's natural PB, with real fruit spread, on whole grain bread, but ugh, the sugar in it!!!) What am I to do!?! I know that at first it's going to feel like a huge undertaking but eventually we'll adjust.... Any advice on products or where to shop???

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dietary help please!

Well, for starters, there are other dairy options. Hemp and rice are two that are used fairly often. You don't have to cut out natural sugars, so the peanut butter and jelly are fine. If you can get a yogurt that is made from rice or hemp you can make your own yogurt flavors. My nieces and nephews like to just add honey and fruit. For the carbs, find out if he's talking simple, complex, or all. A lot of gluten free items are made with bean flours so are more a protein than a starch.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote