Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #11
ceslade
Registered Users
seller

Re: Please tell me there is a stroller out there for 80+lbs of kiddos!!!

Mountain Buggy double. That is the way to go. I put my 3 and my 10 month old in it. Maybe they weigh 40 lbs. Then if my 5 year old is a pain, he hops on the front and sits on the foot rest. It is so easy to push and turn. The reason I ordered it in the first place. They were on clearance on diapers.com recently. 499 got the stoller and the baby carrycot. I know it seems like a lot. My hubby thought so to, that is until we started walking to church and he pushed the stroller one time. He never complained about the price again.

Advertisement

ceslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #12
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a chicco trevi twin. My kids are 24, 26 and 41lbs. I usually just have the twins in the stroller but sometimes my ods likes to hop on and ride. He likes to stand on the foot rests and hold onto the back of the stroller facing me. Not the most ideal situation but works for short walks and I can push my stroller just fine!

Here is what I would buy if I had the money:

http://valcobaby.com/products/strollers.html?tx_productcatalog_pi1[uid]=4 and get the Hitch hiker (like a boogy board) for my ods.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceslade View Post
Mountain Buggy double. That is the way to go. I put my 3 and my 10 month old in it. Maybe they weigh 40 lbs. Then if my 5 year old is a pain, he hops on the front and sits on the foot rest. It is so easy to push and turn. The reason I ordered it in the first place. They were on clearance on diapers.com recently. 499 got the stoller and the baby carrycot. I know it seems like a lot. My hubby thought so to, that is until we started walking to church and he pushed the stroller one time. He never complained about the price again.
I have the Mountain Buggy Urban Double and it handles two 35-40lb preschoolers like nothing. It's rated for 120lbs between the 2 seats, and it is a DREAM to push, even with the two heavy boys in it. I normally have my 20lb DD2 and 35lb DS in it, and it can be pushed with 1 finger.

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #14
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

You try the Valco Tri Mode EX twin. You can even got a toddler seat so it can seat 3 kids instead of just two (you can see the toddler seat under accessories.)

If you are looking for a regular double, I have a Baby Jogger City Double that holds up to 110 lbs. total (55 each seat) and I love it. A breeze to push even with 2 kids of different weights (mine are 2.5 years apart)
Old 04-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

I rented a City Mini Double Jogger when I was in Orlando last year and it was AWESOME. 100lb capacity. I was pushing a one year old and a five year old at the time.
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this and it is a breeze to push. I can push my 50 lb. 6yo AND 38 lb. 3yo in it on hard pavement it takes no effort. My kiddos are tall, too. grass is a little harder but the wheels are SO big that it works GREAT! then u can put the LO on your back in a Beco or MT or something (or front for a younger baby) and u are set.
Although I never really push my 6yo. he walks or rides his bike but just letting u know it can be done!

I don't like it for the mall or anything but LOVE it for outdoors and longer walks.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I will tell u this company, Pacific Cycle, is awesome. I had the stroller 2 days and the 2nd day I backed the van into it (i know- ugh!) they sent us an entirely NEW stroller just for the price of the parts that we needed. So nice! & understanding.

Last edited by vintagegyrl; 04-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.
vintagegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #17
Hobie
Registered Users
seller

You absolutely need to have air tires! My 6yo twins can still ride in our BOB Doullie, which is great for trips to Disney.

If you want all 3 to ride, check out this cool stroller! You can even have 4 ride, but it's still only the width of a double wide. This company also designed Phil&Ted.

DS Reader's save 10% on all orders when you mention DS on your order!
Hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #18
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobie View Post
You absolutely need to have air tires! My 6yo twins can still ride in our BOB Doullie, which is great for trips to Disney.

If you want all 3 to ride, check out this cool stroller! You can even have 4 ride, but it's still only the width of a double wide. This company also designed Phil&Ted.
Holy schnikes! That quad is awesome!!! Makes me want to have more kids!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #19
delphinium
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wagons are really hard on mama's body. Pulling a heavy load with only one hand or turned to the side is really hard on your back! So, do not get a wagon for three kids!

You know what the OP needs? A bike, a tagalong attachment for the 4 yr old, and a two seater trailer for the other two!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #20
2Pinks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976 View Post
You try the Valco Tri Mode EX twin. You can even got a toddler seat so it can seat 3 kids instead of just two (you can see the toddler seat under accessories.)

If you are looking for a regular double, I have a Baby Jogger City Double that holds up to 110 lbs. total (55 each seat) and I love it. A breeze to push even with 2 kids of different weights (mine are 2.5 years apart)

I have this stroller - though not the twin. I have the single with the toddler seat. The toddler seat got a little heavy once my toddlers were over 35 lbs - but locking the front wheel fixed that and if you had the twin, I bet it wouldn't matter since the base would be so much wider.

I love this stroller, the air tires make it so much easier to push. It has plenty of storage space (we used it all day at Disneyland and the zoo several times). I was pushing between 70 and 80 lbs each time I used it - that included diaper bags, snacks, etc.

~*~ My Biz ~*~
2Pinks is offline   Reply With Quote