Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
monimer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
GM Goodnight or Sbish fitted for night?

If you've tried both, which would you recommend? I've only tried the Goodnights, which I like because they are turned and have no snaps. Is the Sbish as absorbent and do the snaps or serging cause issues? I saw that they have a snapless and turned diaper now. Is that one the same as their night time diaper?

Advertisement

monimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
monimer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GM Goodnight or Sbish fitted for night?

anyone?
monimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
sam707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I have tried both, kind of... My goodnight I got here from fsot, and it was in good condition, but has seen some use. It is also serged, not turned. No snaps though, which is a big plus. I really didn't see much of a difference between that and my regular gms, other than dd had no snap marks in the morning. I have an sbish fitted, but a regular one with the snaps. It comes with a doubler. It does leave some snap marks on dd, not too bad, but that diaper holds a ton. Way more than the goodnight in my opinion. I love the sbish, for day or night. I only have 1 but would love more. The only thing I don't like about it, is it gets stiff when wet, but it doesn't seem to bother dd so whatever. I have liners I sometimes put in it. I went on a search for my perfect night dipe, and decided the sbish was it, then we decided to go to sposies for night so she wears it during the day now, or when we go out since I can trust it If we were still in cloth at night I would totally try that turned snapless fitted, I had to go check it out
sam707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:

the sbish that is turned and top stitched is not the same as the sbish magic diaper. The turned one will not make it through more than a few hours for us. I loved the sbish magic diaper for nights, but I have two different ones. I don't know if they were different models or made at different times or what, but only one of them can make it through our 13 hour nights. The other taps out at about 5 hours maybe 6. The one that makes it through the night has 2 2 layer soakers on the inside, one is stitched at the front, and one is stitched at the back. I put an extra bamboo doubler (from sbish) and this will work for night time. The serging has never been an issue with my DD, but hasn;t been with any of our diapers. Snaps either. The snaps are covered, so you really should not have any worries about them, but if your LO is sensitive to serging, I don't know.

I also did not see any difference with the goodnights compared to the regular GMs.

If you are looking for a night time solution, try BG organics. This is my new favorite for my DD. I put the doubler with these as well, and they are a great all in one alternative.

Nathan Conner 11/17/11 9 pounds 5 ounces 22 inches long
Hayden Taylor 08/23/09 8 pounds 15 ounces 22 1/2 inches long

And... my family is complete!

Last edited by MommaPierce; 04-19-2010 at 01:47 AM.
MommaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #5
sam707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is the first time I've heard of the turned sbish.. So I must have the magic one then. Thanks for that clarification, I was wondering about it, I'll stick to the one I have
sam707 is offline   Reply With Quote