Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Kaboom
Registered Users
Formerly: ErinMartin
seller

My Mood:
Feeling the fitted love (I think...) LOL

Just got my bamboozles today... Really super soft BTW!

The first thing my 21 month old did in it (while walking around coverless) was poop in it, A LOT. Thanks kid. LOL But the plus side is that even though it was peanut butter like type poo (apparently his food from earlier hadn't sat well with him ) it didn't escape the diaper or get on the outside edges AT ALL.

I love my terry-backed wipes (that I make) because they catch poo so well, so I'm assuming it's the terry of the diaper that helped 'catch' and contain all that horrible poo? Yay!

I just put another one on him with a bamboo doubler tonight, we'll see if it works as an overnight diaper

And the BEST part of all, if these work out? CAR CHANGES MADE EASIER! I have 4 carseats in the car (although one of them is empty while I patiently awhile the arrival of my, now fasionably LATE, newborn! ) and nowhere to change ds but the front passengers seat. Needless to say, he hangs off the edge. Car changes are HARD. But if these fitteds work out well, then I can do 'standing-up' changes (as long as there isn't poopies, or at least for the putting on of the new diaper if there is poopies)! YAY!

Fingers crossed these work out (although my husband is REALLY confused as to why I need to put 'two diapers' on him now ... as in, the fitted and the cover, )

Advertisement

Kaboom Pocket Pants Pattern!
Use code 'DSMAMA10' at checkout for 10% off!
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Feeling the fitted love (I think...) LOL

Hope you end up loving them as much as we do ours Erin I've truly found stash nirvana with our flats, Bamboozles and wool. DH and I are very active in our Motorcycle club, and our chapter is sponsoring a 3 day rally this weekend. I've been carrying DS up there everyday and I've changed his Bamboozles on the seat of a Harley, in his stroller, on a 4-wheeler... you name it! I also took some LL flats too and they have come in handy as huge bibs for feeding time, changing pads, blankets for warmth, and LOs to sit on. I am taking more of them today, as all the other Motorcycle Mommies used up the handful I took yesterday.
BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I luv my bamboozles too. It was worth every penny. My stash consists of bamboozles, Thirsties sized covers, and some new found love of AI2s and WI2s that a mama on DS makes me. Luv them all. I have 8 bamboozles, 3 covers, 4 AI2s, 1 WI2 (3 more coming). I just luv, luv, luv my stash. First time I have ever been completely happy with it. My hardest choice is picking out the cute fabrics the mama has to offer. (hee hee)
Old 04-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdossmann View Post
I luv my bamboozles too. It was worth every penny. My stash consists of bamboozles, Thirsties sized covers, and some new found love of AI2s and WI2s that a mama on DS makes me. Luv them all. I have 8 bamboozles, 3 covers, 4 AI2s, 1 WI2 (3 more coming). I just luv, luv, luv my stash. First time I have ever been completely happy with it. My hardest choice is picking out the cute fabrics the mama has to offer. (hee hee)
Not to change the subject of the thread, but would it be R8chel of Chelory making your W12s? I've heard great things about them!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
Kaboom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just got a great deal on 3 more... and that fitted worked really well last night with a doubler! It WAS completely saturated, so I tried one with an infant prefold tonight to see if that little bit of extra helps at all. BUT he wasn't red AT ALL this morning, which is GREAT because usually he is a teeny bit red in the morning with other options... YAY! So now I'll have 6 Bamboozles that I got for $70, WOOT!

Old 04-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinMartin View Post
Just got a great deal on 3 more... and that fitted worked really well last night with a doubler! It WAS completely saturated, so I tried one with an infant prefold tonight to see if that little bit of extra helps at all. BUT he wasn't red AT ALL this morning, which is GREAT because usually he is a teeny bit red in the morning with other options... YAY! So now I'll have 6 Bamboozles that I got for $70, WOOT!
YEAH! More on the way!
What doubler did you use last night? Just the Bamboo Terry one that comes with the Bamboozle? What we do for day & night, is to triple fold the Bamboozle doubler in front of DS' "water gun". At night we add a ~4"x10" Zorb Flannel doubler that I made myself in front of the tri-folded Bamboozle doubler- 2 layers of Zorb sandwiched between cotton flannel. We cover in wool. So with this our DS wakes up with only the front portion of his diaper damp, and the back is usually bone dry. I truthfully think that we could get away without the zorb doubler at night, just haven't tried it yet. I think what makes the Bamboozles so absorbent for us, is the fact that we are trifolding the doubler in front, rather than just folding it over once, KWIM?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
Kaboom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a bamboo insert/doubler from a friend, that's what I used.

I have a SUPER heavy wetter though, so he usually wakes up pretty wet anyway. Not to mention he's a tummy sleeper.

He hasn't woken up this morning but I'll see how it did with my infant prefold in it... I hate having too many different types of diapering things, it makes putting it all away a pain in the rear. LOL Because I (will) have two in cloth (again), I have two different sized PFs, and now two different types/sizes of fitteds, my flats, and stay dry inserts. If I can get away with using what I have at night as a doubler, I will LOL

And I triple roll the extra soaker in the front too - I LOVE that feature! HEEHEE