Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 AM   #1
-ashley-
Banned

My Mood:
What did you do the first time you baby threw up??

Braelynn woke up at midnight to nurse, and had been running a low temp all afternoon, but I just gave her tylenol and wrote it off as teething. Well her temp was now up to 101.9!!!!! but she was in a great mood, all smiles, then she gagged a little, and puked all over me and herself. We jump into the bath, and I give her aout an ounce of ice water, and she gets a little fussy because she's ready to go back to sleep, but I am TERRIFIED of her asparating if she threw up in her crib!!!! SO I decide that we will sleep on the couch together. Well she is a cuddle baby all the time except when she's tired. I try for an hour to get her to settle down, and she would sleep for 5mins, and be wide awake. So I finaly give in a put her in her bed, and within seconds she is passed out asleep. I put the baby monitor right by her head and I've got my receiver turned up all the way and I can hear her breath, so I feel ok, but I'm still scared to fall asleep tonight just incase I don't hear her gag.....

Advertisement

Last edited by -ashley-; 04-26-2007 at 02:11 AM.
-ashley- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What did you do the first time you baby threw up??

Do you have something she can lay in in the same room as you (but still have her 'space') so you can see her as well as hear? W/ our monitor...its no fancy one, but DS even breathes, moves or is congested or anything else it wakes me up. First time he threw up I cried...but he *Had* been teething and had fever and just not feeling well. He got like that a little before each of his teeth came in. For me it's pretty frightening. We did the bath thing, tylenol or advil...pretty much what you did. Hope your DD starts to feel better soon!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Yes, ours if turned up high enough, is super at picking up every sound...how is she feeling today mama??!!

Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
Do you have something she can lay in in the same room as you (but still have her 'space') so you can see her as well as hear? W/ our monitor...its no fancy one, but DS even breathes, moves or is congested or anything else it wakes me up. First time he threw up I cried...but he *Had* been teething and had fever and just not feeling well. He got like that a little before each of his teeth came in. For me it's pretty frightening. We did the bath thing, tylenol or advil...pretty much what you did. Hope your DD starts to feel better soon!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I took ds1 to the ER once for vomiting because it was SO thick that he was choking on it while wide awake. That may sound funny, but it was so thick that he could hardly get it out of his mouth and he was really struggling for air. It was NOT normal vomit. I was TERRIFIED of him going to sleep because then I knew he'd DEFINITELY choke/asparate. They treated me like an over-reactive parent. Otherwise...if I think it's a one-time vomit...ya know..a freak occurance thing..then I don't really worry about it..but if I can tell it's the start of a sickness...then I'll get up and sit in the recliner with him (whichever boy it is)..and I stay stocked with a bowl, drink, towels, & blankets. Except for that one time, I can't say that I've been afraid of them asparating, but I know how badly I feel when I'm sick and I know how badly my boys feel -- and all they want is mommy and to be comforted..so that's why I sit in the recliner with them and we doze.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
-ashley-
Banned

My Mood:

Today she is perfectly fine, a little more needy than usual, but I don't mind extra cuddles!! No fever or anything! The top little bumps of her teeth have broke through, but not the whole thing. Wheezy, you said that your baby did this with every tooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-ashley- is offline   Reply With Quote