Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: High Needs weekly thread.

You ladies all talking about your young ones sure is bringing back some memories for me! Kieran is my high needs, spirited child, and she is now 3.5 years old. When she was an infant, she was soooo difficult. Her second night out of the womb, she screamed from 9 pm to 5 am. We were still in the hospital at that point, and the nurses felt sooo sorry for me, and they couldn't do anything to help her, either. It pretty much went like that until she learned to walk. She never rolled, crawled, etc, and was a late walker at 14 months old, and it was like she was frustrated that she couldn't move.

Anyway, she still has her quirks--like her first cup of the day must be her airplane cup, and she must use her blue plate and blue spoon first, and her Strawberry Shortcake bowl, etc. But she is so fun! Very spunky. And I just think about all the qualities in her today that frustrate me so badly are the same ones that I admire so much in adults. She'll be fine.

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #12
bellsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At first I thought HN meant autism or some other type of condition which I am sure it does, but you all have just described my high spirited baby. I can't tell you how much the post hits right on target in my life right now. My almost seven month old has started this whiny thing that drives me nuts some days. I was really starting to think I did it. I am like the only person who is consistenly back in the church nursery after 20 minutes because she will only calm down for me or my DH. All the others babies seem happy and able to fall asleep on their own. When she is putting on a show in public, yes she has her broadway debut everytime we go out to the store, etc...she is totally different!!! It is so nice to hear from others that their children are trying some days. I really, truly love this website!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

If you have any questions about HN check
http://askdrsears.com/html/5/T050100.asp

There is some great info there. I hope everyone is doing well with happy babies this am
Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 AM   #14
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

well my lil man is still very young but he's already such a Momma's boy lol that's ok I love it hehe he has days that he is so very clingy and won't let me get anything done, other days he's not so bad