Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:
Raw bleeding rash around anus???

Hi mamas! I need a little advice here. DD has a red, raw bleeding rash around the anus area (thin strip on each side from bottom of front vaginal opening to just past anal opening). It's only recently starting bleeding but has been red and raw for a few days. We used to use BETTER BUTTER but she would scream when I put it on her and close the diaper so I stopped using it and have been putting lanolin or neosporin on it. It helps protect the skin but the rash is not getting better. Not sure if this matters, but we started whole grain rice cereal last week...she loves eating cereal...totally showing all the signs of being ready so it's not that...but it makes me wonder if it might be an allergy to the cereal perhaps? I have suspicions of a peanut butter allergy but nothing for sure... any ideas? I have a picture of the rash on my camera but can't get it loaded up right now. Will try tomorrow.
Thanks!
Amy

Advertisement

~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Raw bleeding rash around anus???

sounds like a food allergy to me

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #3
mommy2twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sounds like eithe a food allergy or thrush. Yeast travels through the gut. You can sprinkle some probiotic powder in your lo's diaper and will clear up super fast. It's worth a shot to see if it's yeast. If you take a probiotic pill you can open the capsule up and sprinkle it in. GL!
AprilSAHM to my fab twin girls (3/07)Maddison and Cameryn Grace , and Samuel born 1/10 by an amazing waterbirth using hypnobabies, Zander born 3/12 a beautiful home water birth using Hypnobabies both fully intact non vaxing,ing, , and wife to my awesome high school sweet heart of 12 years
***HYPNOBABIES CHILDBIRTH HYPNOSIS INSTRUCTOR- St. Louis, MO!***
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
KristinV83
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know much about food allergies, but I've had some experience with yeast and bad diaper rash. Have you tried putting breastmilk on the rash? I usually keep a small stock in the freezer just for that purpose. What I usually do is thaw a little, dip a wash rag in it, dab it on the rash, let it air dry, then apply whatever cream I'm using. The coldness of it is soothing, and it doesn't sting like some creams and ointments can. It works better than anything else I've ever tried!
KristinV83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinV83 View Post
I don't know much about food allergies, but I've had some experience with yeast and bad diaper rash. Have you tried putting breastmilk on the rash? I usually keep a small stock in the freezer just for that purpose. What I usually do is thaw a little, dip a wash rag in it, dab it on the rash, let it air dry, then apply whatever cream I'm using. The coldness of it is soothing, and it doesn't sting like some creams and ointments can. It works better than anything else I've ever tried!
not trying to hijack, but what a great idea! My 6modd just broke out in a rash too. I dont think its food related as shes EBF and ive not gotten any dairy.... anyway, thanks for posting this, i'll try it!
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i dont have experience with food allergies, but i do have reccurant yeast infections and have been very "yeasty" since i was a baby. ive experienced something exactly like this several times before, because of yeast. as the PP said, dabbing buttermilk may help. PLAIN yogurt could help also, because of the good bacteria in the yogurt. i "home remedy" i used for yeast infections before i was pregnant was to dip a tampon in plan yogurt and insert it for a few hours - it always helped me. good luck, i hope it gets better, i know how painful that can be especially when it gets pulled at or urine gets on it
Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #7
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Is she in cloth only or are you using sposies?
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

sorry it's been a bit to get back on here...crazy few days... anyway, it's not yeast...no bumps...we had yeast with ODD at LEAST once a month the first couple of years...didn't matter if she was in cloth or sposies or how many probiotics we gave her...so I know yeast and this is not it. We are leaning towards a wheat allergy...the whole grain rice cereal I thought I was feeding her was actually whole grain WHEAT -_- I could kick myself for that one. She is in BGOS or PFs exclusively. My DCP had some chlorine free diapers on hand and some resinol as well so for 2 days, she wore 2 sposies and was slathered in resinol both times each day...this helped with healing the rash. Over the weekend and today, I've been putting cortisone & neosporin or petroleum jelly on her bottom, depending on which one is in reach at the time. All changes on saturdays, I also put the acidophilus powder directly on the rash as well just to cover the bases. Starting Thursday morning I completely cut out cereal and she is back to EBF with pumped BM bottles at daycare while I'm working (1-2 per day depending on my schedule). I've had suspicions of a peanut allergy since she gets gassy/spits up/green poo when I have more than a tbsp of peanut butter. Plus the excema patches occasionally. I've scheduled an appt to get allergy testing with a children's hospital in June (first appt available). Until then, a friend of mine that is on a very strict diet for her multiple allergy son is helping me with getting rice bread and sunflower butter for me to use to help minimize DDs issues. Thanks so much for the suggestions and support mamas!
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote