Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Another nursing bra ?

I'm pretty large on top (38D normally; E or F when nursing). So I went to the local lingerie store, tried on the 3 brands they had, and liked the "goddess" one the best. But when I wore it for the first time, I found it pretty uncomfortable. I've always used underwire bras, even when nursing, and don't understand why it's not recommended any more. Does anyone make them any more? And any other suggestions for where to find them -- I don't want to order over the internet because fit can be so tricky.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
mommypooh
Registered Users

Re: Another nursing bra ?

THe last one I got was from motherhood, I don't know if there are any near you or not. I am even bigger than you are in cup size and I know how hard it can be to find one that fits and is comfortable. I currently order all mine over the internet from Motherwear.com. I bit the bullet and ordered on line as I can not find them to fit me anywhere. I just had to return one and get the next sixze up and since then I just order the same one everytime.
mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's been a year or so since I bought one but there were still underwires available then...just very tough to find bigger sizes (I was a 42DD when nursing DJ...looks like I'll be bigger this time around!) JC Penney near me had a surprisingly large selection of different styles. The last time I was in Penney's Outlet, they had a bunch of E, F, and G cups in stock!

Just for the record, the one I found that I like better than anything else I got at Walmart...it's Bestform Comfort Sport or something like that. The cups keep their shape and don't get all stretched out (with Playtex, I found that I was "falling out" after an hour or so!), they have nice wide bands and gel shoulder straps. Oh yeah, and they were only $11 and have held up just fine after 2 years of machine washing and drying. Now that I think about it, they have an underwire version too because once you get over size 40, I had a hard time finding the ones without the underwire. I got lucky and found one in my size and when I decided I liked it, I asked the manager at my Walmart to order some more for me.

Good luck!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
momof4
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the tips. Would you believe we don't have a Walmart around where I live?
Old 06-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

There's one called "nunderwire" and I know they sell it at Motherwear.com, my local lactation consultant sells them, too. You can take out the underwire if you want. I also like the Bravado Lifestyle bra. It's spendy, but is not underwire and gives you decent support. I love underwire, but am not wearing it during nursing as I don't want to chance a clogged duct. I am about the same size as you, FYI.

Good luck!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote