Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does amber teething jewelry really work?

Anklets do work well. The raw amber is the maximum strength pain relief so you may want to do that for an anklet. They don't break easily but are designed to fail if needed. My 25lb 9 month old pulls on his anklet all of the time and it hasn't budged. The necklaces are safe as well though because they are designed to fail so they have a break away point. I use clamshells with my sterling clasps that open up and release the necklace when too much pressure is applied. This prevents the necklace from actually breaking and also the thread I use is very strong so it helps with the break away point meaning it wont snap before the break away actually does it's job. I do still knot between each bead for safety. I also use magnetic or screw clasps that also provide break away points. But of course the option of an anklet is definitely still there. Hope that helps.

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
sugacube
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think they work! my ydd was having a hard time, especially at night. We have a beautiful necklace from Wendy of FunkyBirdyBoutique on here and it has alleviated all of her symptoms, drooling included. I think it would be even more effective if it had raw amber. I'm so glad to not have to give tylenol anymore, especially b/c by the time I'd give it to her, the pain would be to high to bring down. This delivers a steady dose, imo, which is VERY important with pain management! (learned that from my csection, pain can be managed much better by staying on top of it vs letting it build) Plus , its natural!
Old 05-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sugacube,
Wendy is my E-BFF I taught her all about amber and even sold her my smaller beads when I stopped using them. I'm happy you got a necklace from her
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
sugacube
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltic Creations View Post
sugacube,
Wendy is my E-BFF I taught her all about amber and even sold her my smaller beads when I stopped using them. I'm happy you got a necklace from her
She's awesome, supersweet to work with! love her. Glad your spreading the amber love, it is really beneficiel(sp)! You website was where I got most of my info/understanding of how baltic amber works
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #15
WhiteRockMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can tell you from experience that amber jewelry does help with pain. I have chronic hip pain from a car accident years ago. I am currently wearing a pregnancy necklace but before I wore an amber necklace. I was pain free a couple days after putting it on

WhiteRockMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

I'm skeptical. I mean, how would it work? What chemical does it release in the brain that causes pain relief? How does it make the brain release this chemical?

Aside from any possible choking issues, I don't see how it could possibly hurt, either, so there is really no reason not to try it, unless you worry that they will strangle on the cord or get one of the pieces in their airway.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
mayasmom23
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have only had ours for a few weeks. Jordan is teething pretty bad right now, getting his molars in. I have only had to give Tylenol a few times. I love the way he looks in it.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

It's always worked great for us. My youngest daughter has been wearing her amber teething necklace since she was 2 months old. She will be 2 at the end of this month. The few times we took it off and "forgot" about it when she was younger were enough to convince us that it worked. We only remembered to put it back on because of her fussy attitude. After just a couple occasions like that, we decided to leave it on 24/7. I'm a total Baltic amber advocate.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #19
ashlee_shae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK, I'm somewhat convinced. Where can I get an anklet for a good price?
Thanks for all the info!
ashlee_shae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #20
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I make the anklets starting at $19 for polished nuggets free shipping for ds mamas code is in my siggy. they go up in price depending on the beads of course.

Minniebees baltic amber releases succinic acid which is an analgesic pain relief not so much a chemical and it is non toxic. You can find info on my wahm page as well as my hc and you can also google Baltic Amber for a better understanding. But the best way to put it is it is a fossilized tree sap that was produced on conifer trees when they became too hot in the Baltic forest. This is sap from millions of years ago and has oxidized to the point hard enough to form amber. This forest is now under water and the amber breaks off the trees and floats to the surface where it is then gathered and made into beads, medicines etc. These have been used for centuries in Europe for healing and are even sold in pharmacies there to help with teething and other ailments. I could go on and on about how amber works but it's a natural solution to pain relief that does work wonders.