Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #21
forever_loved25
Registered Users

Re: Terrible Mothers day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionnecherub View Post
Wow, I know EXACTLY how you feel. My "d"h turned into an alpha male when I quit my job 4 years ago. I get the "Im the one who makes the money" crapola when he gets mad about things. I also just got a load of grief for mothers day. He was just pissy all day about his car troubles, and then went to band practice in the evening. I have come to despise holidays You get the expectations about how things should be and how you should be treated, and it always seems to go bad for me. Im sorry mama, just know you are not alone
Exactly. I know he still cares about me, and it's not like the money I was making did much anyway. I only made maybe 600/month. But, who knows. He's a guy, he's weird.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #22
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
Wow... On Father's day, I'd have some special plans for myself.

He probably wouldn't even get a card or a "Happy Father's day" from me.

ORRRRR...... (but, it wouldn't be very sincere)

I'd go way overboard on Father's day. Gifts, cards, a special breakfast, sex.... I'd completely overdo it, and maybe at least he'd feel like a heel.

He won't
I have a friend who goes through this every year. Her husband will tell her that it's just another day to him, nothing special and be a jerk to her (because the attention is not focused on him). But on Father's Day she better be going all out or he freaks out.

I started treating my ex the way he treats me for birthdays and holidays. Our daughter is 2 years old and I gave up on getting him anything crazy from her because he doesn't even think about me at all. Last year I ended up in the bathroom crying my face off for Mother's Day. This year he at least said Happy Mother's Day and acknowledged that our daughter is awesome...lol
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
kyle98sean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
zacks_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did your husband clone himself and move into my house??
My husband did nothing, except get a card, which he left on the counter. Never said a word...
Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
penelope picklebottom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_loved25 View Post
Thank you! I was offended by what she said, and just because my DH was a jerk one day, doesn't mean he is a horrible guy.He really isn't. I am wondering if he feels guilty because we didn't do anything for his mom, who hasn't spoken to us since christmas, and she wouldn't have even spoken to us then had we not been the bigger person.

I really don't think him forgetting/not doing anything for me for mothers day means, I shouldn't continue to have children with him. He works really hard all week, and yes he probably was tired. But still, thanks for sticking up for me.
no prob mama there are days when I think DH acts horrible and I vent about it a little but truly he is a wonderful man. And honestly, there are probably days where I act like an inconsiderate twit but he still loves me too. Certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't be together. ANd I never like to miss an opportunity to stick up for someone, we all need a little extra support sometimes
Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #26
momofdolls
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have heard that 'you're not my mom' stuff before. I think it's so incredibly rude to say that on a day when mother's in general are supposed to be honored!

As for the passive-aggressive over the top Father's day approach...I agree that most men wouldn't get that. I don't think my dh would, and then I would just be even more po'd and hurt!

Hugs, mama. But let your dh know that next year you expect something to honor all you do, cause you may not be HIS mama, but your HIS baby's mama...and that counts.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #27
naynaygoesrawr
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

im sorry mama i hope you feel betters!