Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fever all day in a 2yr old

Zach has had a fever pretty much all day. This morning he sprang a 101 fever and wasn't himself (laying or standing around and doing much of nothing). His fever came down some with motrin (stayed around 100) and he was playing and acting fine until the motrin wore off. This has continued all day and now he is sleeping and his fever keeps creeping up. Right now he is up to 102 and it just worries me. Should I wake him up and give him motrin, call the nurses line, or just wait till morning. Even his little cheeks are red. Any advice for a mom who is going to get absolutely no sleep tonight?

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
hannahnana'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fever all day in a 2yr old

Has he had diahria (sp) or a runny nose? There is a virus going around called Roseola Virus. My daughter is just now getting over it. It starts out with a high fever that can last for 3-5 days. They can also have diahria and runny nose. Once the fever breaks they will get a rash that lasts for a couple days. They best thing to do is alternate motrin and tylenol to combat the fever. Good Luck mama.....hope you lo gets better!