Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
waited4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Any other good forums for more natural parenting

I love DS and have other forums that I visit to keep in touch with the outside world (since not working now). Not that I am not open minded to other types of parenting but one of the sites I go to I feel they are so not on the same page as me at all and I got blasted today because I had an opposing thought and expressed specifically that it was purely my opion. So I would like to find some other forums that are more like minded to my beliefs and suggesting more natural parenting ways.

I have been exploring more and more on attachment parenting, have several books by Dr Sears that I have been reading while waiting for baby to arrive and think I would like more forums and websites geared toward this type of parenting or the like!

BTW I absolutely love our community here, everyone is always respectful and even if there is a beef we either PM each other or take the high road! Best forum on the web IMO!

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any other good forums for more natural parenting

mothering.com
Old 05-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: Any other good forums for more natural parenting

I second mothering.com. Just be careful there too. It is GREAT if you subscribe to all their beliefs, but if you any bit "mainstream", you'll get blasted there too. They can be very closed minded, will close and delete threads they don't want on there. I had a thread removed there looking for sleep advice, simply because I had mentioned my husband wanted to CIO but I didn't. So, just watch your words. I didn't get a very warm welcome, so I only go there to lurk. Some really knowledgeable people, great place to read, just not a community I want to be apart of based on how they treat people with differing opinions.