Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love my PED!!!

I love my PED! He is great. Well a couple Dr's in the practice i only go to on sick visits but have two for well checks I trust.
First they talk directly to DD. Have from day one when she was a couple day old newborn. I love this!
So this time the Dr was talking about safety. Went down the list of helmets, no trampolines(we will let her on inlaws only but that is it), etc. Then he says you are to be in the booster seat til 50in atleast! I seriously almost fainted as KY law does not say that. But I am so happy. He was thrilled with my extended rear facing to.
He didn't freak out that DD jumped from 60% to 75% percentile for weight. Kinda worried me given her family history on dad's side mainly. Still 50% for height..normal for awhile.

They are great with cloth diapers and delayed vaxing that I did.

Anyway i have to do a rave. If anyone is in N. KY looking for a Ped let me know. He is in Covington and at ST. E South Hospital.

I already told him no to HPV and he said ok np to that. They don't recommend it til 11 anyway.

Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I love my PED!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine also! First ped not to bug me about supplementing my small children with formula and not to freak when they don't gain like crazy. She is VERY pro-BF'ing and laid back.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine also! First ped not to bug me about supplementing my small children with formula and not to freak when they don't gain like crazy. She is VERY pro-BF'ing and laid back.
That is awesome!!!!!!
This is our first and only ped office so far. I hate when we move that we will lose them. I have to say that my ex-SIL did great picking that office out when her kids were babies. Which was 19 years ago for the oldest! The kids and DD have been going ever since. I worried as she is more mainstream then me but they awesome.
Very pro- Bfing, laid back, etc to. Up to date on the new recommendations to.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is so cool! I'm just really happy for anybody who's found a great pediatrician. It's so important, especially when the babies/kids are young. I've also been lucky to have both of our peds. The one back in GA shared more of our views, as did his Nurse Practitioner, but our ped out here is outstanding, and accepting/respectful of all kinds of views. He did our delayed/selective vaxing although he does not personally agree with that decision. He didn't make us feel bad about it or anything, told us it was our choice, and he "is not the vaccine police". I thought that was cool.

But yeah, congrats on the awesome doc! It's a big deal!
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I <3 our Ped too! She is VERY pro-breastfeeding. She even breastfed her own son until he was 2. No problems with us delaying vaccinations. She even put one of my friend's child on a delayed schedule without my friend requesting it. Her response when she found out we co-sleep-"Okay". She doesn't believe in medicating just to medicate. She will only give your kid meds as a last resort. I just think she is great and have recommend her to everyone in my area.