Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #41
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: MIL insisting potty training...on *my* kid?!

Originally Posted by harleysmama View Post
tell her you spoke to your ped about the issue and s/he said that unless dc is showing the signs of being ready (list a bunch off) that you should NOT push the issue because it could be traumatizing and make it more difficult to train him later on and that s/he highly suggests that you stop pushing things.

tell her you know she'll respect you and your husband's judgment on this and do what's best for your child.

then hide the potty (in your trunk if you have to)!

and in all honest, if she hates cloth that much, you may want to consider throwing a sposie on him (tushies are pretty good as far as being green goes). not for her sake, but for your son's - that can't be fun for him!

if all else fails tell her she needs to respect your judgment or she will not be allowed to watch ds anymore. then follow through.
I agree with this post. Its less confrontational, but effective.
I definately would make some stuff up, say your DS is no longer excited to go to her house, etc. He kicks the potty chair, and you are afraid that he will regress, and NEVER want to potty learn, because he just is not ready, yet. AND studies prove that boys potty learn slower than girls, and at a later age. My DS did not potty learn till he was a tad over 3 yrs.

Mom to Sheena, Preston, and Sophia! "Preston's Pants Diapers!" CUSTOMS ARE OPEN...see our good reviews on PulPurchasePower Great prices on Printed Pul, solids, and Exclusive prints!
Colleeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #42
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: MIL insisting potty training...on *my* kid?!

Originally Posted by stringbean02 View Post
i hate it when people say "oh with cloth you have to change them so much more often! its not worth it". you DO have to change them a little more often but i changed DS every 2 hours with SPOSIES and now every 1.5 to 2 hours in cloth.
exactly!! The fact that she'd want to leave him in even a sposie for more than 2 hours REALLY makes me not want to be lenient and buy them for her to use. There was a week recently when we had to use sposies because of this complicated rash issue, and I still changed him at least every two hours. I can't imagine going longer than that.
::Martha::24/mom to Isaac & Silas/wife to the most amazing guy on earth since 8.04/CDing, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, baby signing family/hates the term "attachment parenting"...we're all parents, we're all attached//
mothra19 is offline   Reply With Quote