Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
awake at 2 am, because i'm hungry...

i've been waking up at 2 am (this week, 22 weeks) absolutely starving. i'm gestation diabetic, so i know its not the best thing to eat in the middle of the night, but i coulldn't fall back asleep becasue my stomach was growling. Please tell me I'm not alone here...

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
Revy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: awake at 2 am, because i'm hungry...

EAT complex carbohydrates during the meal before dawn so that the food lasts longer making you less hungry.Almonds are rich in protein and fibre with less fat.Bananas are a good source of potassium, magnesium and carbohydrates.

DRINK As much water or fruit juices as possible.
Naturally for Her is the first company dedicated in providing the best organic and natural fertility management options like Lady-Comp and the Today Sponge FREE SHIPPING in the US! FREE 1 BOX of Natacare 100% Organic products in every purchase of Lady-Comp!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did this every night when I was pregnant with my son, had a bowl of rice krispies every night at 2:30am :-) It was delish and I can see myself doing it again this time around.
Only problem was I did it for about 3 months after he was born too...but i was up feeding him anyway.

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy79 View Post
I did this every night when I was pregnant with my son, had a bowl of rice krispies every night at 2:30am :-) It was delish and I can see myself doing it again this time around.
Only problem was I did it for about 3 months after he was born too...but i was up feeding him anyway.
I do the same!! Rice Krispies and everything. It wasn't quite every night, but some nights I just could not fall asleep until I had my Rice Krispies. I sit in the dark in the living room with my bowl on my belly while the whole house sleeps
Old 05-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #5
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did that lots, but now it is not happening all the sudden. (17 weeks) I guess it might come back then. No you are so not alone!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am already like that, Im only 10 weeks! ugh, I stayed up till 1:30 am and my stomach starts to GROWL, and I say "well it time to go to bed, and forget this hunger" I knoew that if I had been asleep I would have gotten hungry!
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would keep some crackers by your bed. Maybe some peanut butter to dip.. I had GD when i was preggo withthe twins. You have to make sure you ar getting lots of protiens with your carbs.
Another good one is a grilled cheese.. but i am sure you dont want to make one every night at 2am!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
mylilboyblue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am 30 weeks today and feeling the same way if I don't have something before I go to bed. My doctor told me to have something with protein in it to get me through till the next morning. A few crackers with cheese or peanut butter, some cottage cheese, or even an apple with a cheese stick or peanut butter. I have to admit though, sometimes I wake up at 2am and would like nothing more than a pizza.
mylilboyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #9
hadfield531
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

try some greek yogurt right before bed--the high-protein ones. Some only have like 6 grams--go for the ones that are 15 or 16 grams. It's the only way I make it through the night.