Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Question Have you used "My Milkies - Milk Saver"?

Here is a link to the product I am talking about -
http://www.mymilkies.com/milksaver

This fits inside your bra on the non nursing breast to collect the milk that is leaked. I leaked a TON when I nursed my ds and I used a bottle and pump flange to collect what I leaked (sometimes up to 4 ounces!). It really wasn't the most convenient to hold a bottle under my boob so I thought about trying this product when dd arrives in 2 weeks! SO, I am wondering if anyone has used it and what your thoughts were. I am also wondering where you bought yours from. I am looking around online and want to get the best price on it.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you used "My Milkies - Milk Saver"?

Yes! Love it! Wish I'd had it from day one (I got it when DS was about 3-4 months, and I didn't leak nearly as much then, and almost not at all now.) If you really leak 4 oz you will need to use it with the bag option, which I never did -- it only has about 2-2.5 oz of space in it.

I have read on here advice from other mothers that to reduce the amount you leak you need to apply pressure to the leaky side, so I'm not sure if this would create supply issues? But I used it when I leaked the worst (at night/early morning) and just added it to my back-to-work stash.

I got mine at a local store.

HTHs
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

How did I not know about this??!! I have wasted many ounces of milk because of leaking
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I didn't always leak 4 ounces but I figured I could use the bag option or empty the container half way through and then collect the rest. Does the milk saver apply pressure to the boob? I don't really want something that will apply pressure b/c I don't mind leaking since I will be collecting it. I definitely don't want it to decrease my supply. I don't mind still using the bottle and flange to collect at home but I bet this would be great for when out and about and nursing so I don't collect in my breast pads.

Thanks for your insight!
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
How did I not know about this??!! I have wasted many ounces of milk because of leaking
I wish I would have known about this when I had my ds! I can't remember where I saw it recently. I wasted lots of ounces in the beginning before a good friend suggested collecting what I leak when nursing with a bottle and pump flange. I think that was the best bfeeding advice I ever got!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #6
pillywiggins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, it doesn't apply pressure. I stuck it in m bra and let it leak away. I leaked so bad with the other babies but this time I didn't so I only used it a handful of times.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
monamayi
Registered Users

this looks awesome! thanks for posting about this, I did not know this exhisted! I didn't have any leaking issues with my first, but my second is due anytime and now I know that if I leak at all with this one, this is a product I should DEF consider.

Thanks for the insights, mommas!

happy yogi er er
monamayi is offline   Reply With Quote