Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Destashing... never thought it'd be to THIS

I did! I went from AIO's, to Pockets, then fitteds, then back to pockets, then to PF's and now I've tried and love flats!

Advertisement

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

I am scared of flats, LOL. I cannot pin to save my life so I would have to Snappi.

How are they on absorbancy? Which kind do you prefer?

I've been going back and forth on destashing to prefolds but maybe I should try flats.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
KristieMcNealy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am loving my flats. I started with all prefolds and covers, and one random pocket to try. Then I won/was gifted a bunch of Bgs and FBs and started getting all crazy from there. Now I found the flat love because I couldn't find a prefold that fit my short chubby baby after he outgrew infant ones at 6 weeks old.

I usually origami fold and jelly roll the legs. I'm using Osocozy's but I just got some bigger flats (LLs) and am excited to try them out. I use a snappi, but just got 2 sets of pins because I needed something small to get my total up for free shipping on my flats order the other day.

Blogging about women's and children's health at http://www.kristiemcnealy.com
KristieMcNealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:17 AM   #14
rosieposie143
Registered Users

LOVE flats, I'm buying more right now. I would destash some but I am so one of those people who say "but I will need that someday".

To whoever asked about how we use them- you are a lucky duck I have pics. I don't like origami fold, it's waaaay too wide for my girls, I don't like having a lot of bulk around the waist/hips. Scratch that, I DETEST bulk on waist/hips. I have come up with my own angel-type fold to even lessen what is there. here's a mini-tute for ya, broken down into super easy mini steps. This is using what I think (bought off etsy) is a GMD med flat, but it may be LL. I have others that are for sure GMD and I do the same thing.

First fold the hemmed edges together:

Next bring bottom up to desired rise (I just fold it up all the way to make a square for my 7 mo):

Then fold in right side:

Then take the top 2 layers of what you just folded in and wing it out:

Then do the same thing on the other side (except on this side you'll have 2 folds instead of 4 edges, just grab one of the folds):

Then fold bottom up and pin or snappi:

And here is my 2yo modeling a too-small version of this. This was before, when I just folded in quarters and did angel fold, rise is too short and not enough wrap-around.

I love this because it's easy, puts so many layers in the stride of the diaper, and yet the wings are thick enough to hold a snappi but thin enough for my liking.

Last edited by rosieposie143; 05-16-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: acc entered url instead of img
rosieposie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #15
carlaross
Registered Users
seller

This is happening to me.

I love love love our prefolds and flats. They are so soft and comfy, simple, easy to wash, easy to dry.

I have about 40ish fitteds that I've gotten on FSOT (I loved all the cute prints), but just can't seem to find the fitted love. I never reach for them.
I want to sell them off, but am afraid that I will need them in a few months when DS gets to walking and moving around more. I don't know what to do!
carlaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

We went from pockets and AIO's to fitteds and prefolds, to all of the above. Once we need to replace the diapers we have now I will go with all prefolds.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #17
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

THANK YOU!!! I can't wait to try this =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieposie143 View Post
LOVE flats, I'm buying more right now. I would destash some but I am so one of those people who say "but I will need that someday".

To whoever asked about how we use them- you are a lucky duck I have pics. I don't like origami fold, it's waaaay too wide for my girls, I don't like having a lot of bulk around the waist/hips. Scratch that, I DETEST bulk on waist/hips. I have come up with my own angel-type fold to even lessen what is there. here's a mini-tute for ya, broken down into super easy mini steps. This is using what I think (bought off etsy) is a GMD med flat, but it may be LL. I have others that are for sure GMD and I do the same thing.

Next bring bottom up to desired rise (I just fold it up all the way to make a square for my 7 mo):

Then fold in right side:

Then do the same thing on the other side (except on this side you'll have 2 folds instead of 4 edges, just grab one of the folds):

And here is my 2yo modeling a too-small version of this. This was before, when I just folded in quarters and did angel fold, rise is too short and not enough wrap-around.

I love this because it's easy, puts so many layers in the stride of the diaper, and yet the wings are thick enough to hold a snappi but thin enough for my liking.
Punkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosieposie143 View Post

Then fold in right side:

love this! Does it hold poop well?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

what are you using as a doubler here in this pic? =)
Punkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #20
mrsmccullen07
Registered Users
seller

I simplified to prefolds and flats with both the boys when I bought the new babies stash I did it because funds were low and johnpaul had outgrown all his diapers ... I am in love I must say and wish I had started with this when I get the urge to buy something or want a cute print I just plan to pick up a cover

I love FLATS on my newbie the most I am currently only doing 3 different folds but loving them (I fold it like a prefold , kite fold , and then the mini kite fold i learned on here the other day --my fave) ... Here are some pictures on my 12lber he was 7-8weeks here and in a Little Lion flat & a Osocozy flat

mrsmccullen07 is offline   Reply With Quote