Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I HATE my neighbor's dog.

I'm going to take a different approach. What about befriending the mom? She is a single mom working LONG hours. Maybe you could offer to let the dog out once per day so he could stay inside? WHile I'm not a single mom, my dh works and travels a lot and without the help of family and friends, I wouldn't be able to do a lot of things. They have been so kind to help with our pets, kids and other things. If the dog is friendly, would you be willing to let it in/out? Maybe she could let it out when she leaves, and give you a key, and when he starts barking, you could let it back in?

Advertisement

mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
Maverick's Mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
...because it's not their job. That is the job of Animal Control. Depending on the city, and the work load of the officers...most of the time the police will tell you that you need to call animal control to deal with animal issues. The police are there to deal with people stuff.
In our city there is a noise-ordinance so it IS the police's job to enforce the noise laws.
Maverick's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #13
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seriously...the dog would run away after losing its ID collar.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #14
teal
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemawei View Post
Tonight I went over there when the lady came home. (I had DD on my hip because I obviously wouldn't leave her home alone). I wanted to speak to the woman but she flew off the handle screaming at me saying there's nothing she can do about it if she's not home, and it's not fair to leave him in the house since she's gone all day.
If she can't properly take care of the dog, she should do it a favour and find it a new home.

Since she probably won't listen to you, I'd just keep calling Animal Control. Look up the local noise ordinances and see if she's in violation of those... if she is, then the police can do something about it.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you live next door to my neighbor. You must be on my street. They put an invisible fence in the FRONT yard, and leave their dog out all the freakin' time. It makes me nuts, and there is nothing anyone will do about it. I tried calling Animal Control when she left it for the weekend outside while she was out of town, but since she had a doghouse on her front porch, and a water bowl and food bowl that were full, they won't do anything. Ugghhh.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #16
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick's Mama View Post
In our city there is a noise-ordinance so it IS the police's job to enforce the noise laws.
As far as I know, all cities have a noise ordinance. None the less, it is NOT the Police department's job to take the dog away. That is the job of animal control. The police can warn her, they can fine her, but they aren't going to remove her dog from her home. Unless the dog attacks somebody, or gets out of it's yard, animal control won't really do anything either.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 AM   #17
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would call the police EVERY SINGLE NIGHT until they actually do something about it. If that doesn't work try talking to a supervisor and see if that helps...although then you run the risk of irking the cops more.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #18
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

WOW! wonder if that bark stopper would work with our annoying German Shepherd neighbor dog???! and do they have something to stop crazy hillbillies revving motorcycles all hours of the night!??? because police sure do NOT come to our neck of the woods for such complaints nor complaints of that same crazy hillbilly riding/flying a "1930's" snow mobile with no muffler up and down a dry alley this winter!!! (who cares about the kids playing around here..guess "they'll move when they see him coming or their loss!")
Paisleesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

sorry that was more of a rant and not helpful...it's just I have considered doing the very same thing as you and going to try and talk nicely to them asking to stop...but I have been afraid it would turn out like your situation.
Paisleesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick's Mama View Post
but most noise ordinances are after 11pm & the dog isn't barking during this time. some noise ordinances include excessive noise during the day, but those aren't followed up on as often.