Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I am so glad I read that Pampers thread!

DryMax is only in the premium versions of Pampers- Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers, not the Pampers Baby Dry or Luvs AFAIK.

Advertisement

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
aihley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my son got the same type of rash after the sample Dry Max we got. They leaked like Huggies did for him, too. I will be switching to all cloth as soon as I can. DH still likes Pampers, unfortunately. Even if it means I am the ONLY one to change diapers, I'm not putting Pampers on my little guy again. I'm terribly disappointed in a company I previously liked.
aihley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #13
aihley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was anyone really that keen on the Dry Max idea in the first place? It seems like just a ploy to make parents feel better about not changing a diaper after their child soils it. I'm on Vocalpoint and some of the comments about them were just heart-wrenching! People apparently didn't like how much they sagged when wet b/c it got in the way of their kid playing. HELLO! Change the freaking diaper! Dry Max, to me, is a sad commentary on our society's priorities.
aihley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I know, it is disgusting how parents get cheap and let their kids overflow a diaper before changing. If you don't want to change diapers and take care of your kids, then why have kids? One mom I knew would seriously wait until pee was dripping down this little boys legs. He smelled so awful all the time. She wouldn't even bring diapers with him to church nursery so we wouldn't change him and "waste" a diaper. I started sending him back to mom when he was pee soaked and she started bringing at least one extra diaper. Poor kid, he was overall neglected.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
Shaunam
Registered Users

Even if they did switch luvs to the drymax too, the OP said the diaper was from her emergency sposie stash and I would think these were bought before any of the dipes were switched to drymax.

Hope her rash clears up quickly!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #16
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam View Post
Even if they did switch luvs to the drymax too, the OP said the diaper was from her emergency sposie stash and I would think these were bought before any of the dipes were switched to drymax.

Hope her rash clears up quickly!

And, just an ordinary diaper rash is not what seems to be the issue with DryMax...it is a really bad burn type. Diaper rash is easy to get and can have nothing to do with the sposie. I haven't read/seen all of the findings so I can't be more specific about the rash.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aihley View Post
Was anyone really that keen on the Dry Max idea in the first place? It seems like just a ploy to make parents feel better about not changing a diaper after their child soils it. I'm on Vocalpoint and some of the comments about them were just heart-wrenching! People apparently didn't like how much they sagged when wet b/c it got in the way of their kid playing. HELLO! Change the freaking diaper! Dry Max, to me, is a sad commentary on our society's priorities.
No, I told dh that was a dumb move on their part. BUT, he quickly reminded me that people who buy/use sposies want the diapers to hold a lot so they don't have to change frequently. I change Anna and Will every time they pee never going more than 2 hours and they could easily wear a Pampers for 8 or 10 hours. Well, they do at night. It is crazy, but when we switched to cloth all of my friends were flabbergasted of how frequently I had to change them. They asked me why I wanted to change diapers that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
I know, it is disgusting how parents get cheap and let their kids overflow a diaper before changing. If you don't want to change diapers and take care of your kids, then why have kids? One mom I knew would seriously wait until pee was dripping down this little boys legs. He smelled so awful all the time. She wouldn't even bring diapers with him to church nursery so we wouldn't change him and "waste" a diaper. I started sending him back to mom when he was pee soaked and she started bringing at least one extra diaper. Poor kid, he was overall neglected.
When I worked in a daycare we had a mom that would only let us change the kids diaper 4 times a day. She would only bring in 4 diapers a day and he was there from 7am until 5pm.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #18
waited4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That doesn't make sense.......Luvs and Pampers are from the same company. Why would they want to try to "stick it" to themselves? Luvs is simply a cheaper option to Pampers.
Unfortunately that is just corporate America. They create their own competition and either way they win. This happens with all kinds of products and P&G not only does this with diapers but razors, toilet paper, cleaning products, pet food, and the list goes on!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #19
oceanaura
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aihley View Post

The mom of the kid my gf watches (whew-got thatLOL) said she only wants her diaper changed when she has a bm!?!?!?!? I mean-seriously??? Poor baby.
oceanaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
doodah
Registered Users
seller

The rash is looking better. I KNOW it was not a diaper rash. Trust me, I have seen a bazillion diaper rashes before and this WAS different. The DC mom is using a off brand through the weekend so we can see what the deal is. There are only girls here at my daycare so I let her go diaper free when she was having lunch and that helped too. I'll have to update again on Monday.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote