Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My Small Town's Current Scandal...

So this is what is going on in my small town.

I personally know this man but who am I to say whether or not he did it.

He honestly stated when his wife was like 12 or 13 that God had come to him and told him that they would be married one day. They started dating before she was 18 and married promptly after her turning 18. (Personally I feel very sorry for her as she was told her whole life that this is who God wanted her to marry.) So I think that this could be credible and it will be intersting to see how it pans out.

In my opinion God could have really told him this however it could also be that this man has some serious issues.

http://www.centralillinoisnewscenter.../94596954.html

http://www.centralillinoisnewscenter...tml#commentbox

http://www.centralillinoisnewscenter.../94346124.html

Anyone have any comments.

I used to go to this church. This man is actually the reason that I no longer attend there. He stood on the pulpit one day after a young man and woman from the church who were slightly mentally retarded had gotten married. He made the comment at the pulpit during Sunday morning church that he had talked to the young man the day before (his wedding night) and that he had not even made it past 2nd base when they talked. I just thought that this was tacky, completely inappropriate and wrong and I could never respect him after this. Anyways I would love to hear what other mamas think.

Advertisement

mommyto3beautifulbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Small Town's Current Scandal...

My first instict is he is GUILTY! The whole thing about God telling him that is who he would marry. I think God can certainly talk to us but I also think God is not going to set us up to get into legal trouble (unless he wants us to serve from prison I guess).

It is certainly possible the teenager had a crush on him and was rejected, also certainly possible that this is only a statutory case and was consensual on both parts.

Any pastor that would refer to other people's sex lives in front of others gives me the creeps. Makes me grateful for my pastors
Old 05-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh I'm sorry this has nothing to do with his wife...she is now older.

They have been married for several years and is a really good and honest person (she was a virgin when they married, etc).

I agree with the comments that were made in church it was appalling...I don't want to condemn him prior to knowing what really happens. IMO he made himself look like he would do something like this by the less than honorable comments though and that is why so many people can believe the stories.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Why would a pastor be making fun of somebody not making it past second base? Isn't that what you would expect from young people who are christians? Geez, that's horrible and patronizing and just plain rude. I also don't think I believe it when people say 'God' told them they're going to get married. I don't think God tells you things like that, I just believe life is about your own choices, I don't think God really predecides anything or tells you the future, although He knows what will happen, He lets you make your own decisions, if you ask for His guidance He will lead you. For the record I am a christian. My cousin once told everybody God had told her she would marry this one guy, they were dating etc etc, basically long story short they broke up, she's marrying somebody else in the next few months. Lol- guess it wasn't God after all.

The whole story is really creepy, this man seems really creepy. I would wonder why a teenager would make those allegations but I don't know the whole story. When I was 13 a man in our church sexually assaulted me (it didn't go very far, fortunately I was smart enough to get out of the situation quickly before he did anything else, and I'm not even sure what he did constitutes sexual assault, although it was definitely inappropriate of a 50 year old man to do that with a 13 year old child). I was so scared to tell anybody and never actually did, so I find it hard to believe a young girl would just make something like that up unless there is some truth behind it.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

(wrong forum? This isn't really parenting related...)
If $25 can buy a child for a night, it can also give a child a safe home for a month. Love146 safehomes enable restoration through safe housing, therapy, nutrition, medical care, education...and something every child needs, a home full of love and care.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sorry I was unsure of where to post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
mommyto3beautifulbabes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebee View Post
Why would a pastor be making fun of somebody not making it past second base? Isn't that what you would expect from young people who are christians? Geez, that's horrible and patronizing and just plain rude. I also don't think I believe it when people say 'God' told them they're going to get married. I don't think God tells you things like that, I just believe life is about your own choices, I don't think God really predecides anything or tells you the future, although He knows what will happen, He lets you make your own decisions, if you ask for His guidance He will lead you. For the record I am a christian. My cousin once told everybody God had told her she would marry this one guy, they were dating etc etc, basically long story short they broke up, she's marrying somebody else in the next few months. Lol- guess it wasn't God after all.

The whole story is really creepy, this man seems really creepy. I would wonder why a teenager would make those allegations but I don't know the whole story. When I was 13 a man in our church sexually assaulted me (it didn't go very far, fortunately I was smart enough to get out of the situation quickly before he did anything else, and I'm not even sure what he did constitutes sexual assault, although it was definitely inappropriate of a 50 year old man to do that with a 13 year old child). I was so scared to tell anybody and never actually did, so I find it hard to believe a young girl would just make something like that up unless there is some truth behind it.

I agree with what you said and I am so sorry that something awful like that happened to you. Prior to not being able to load the comments there were a lot of comments made by people that know the girl and her family and supposably saw texts from this man to the girl begging her not to go to the police.