Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Baby Einsten/TV

Wow, I'm gonna have to try the kitchen stuff for her to play with, who knew it'd be such a hit!

We just moved and she's fascinated with the sound boxes make against her nails and of course when I change her she always goes for the bag of wipes, loves the crinkly sound (kills me though how she gravitates toward all the hazardous stuff in my house, baby proofing my house when she gets more mobile is gonna be fun! hehe)

lovemyliesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

We watch babyfirsttv on dish together at certain times of the day because she loves "The Notekins" and "My Gym at Home" and it's pretty interactive. We don't watch all of them nor does she watch tv all the time- we love outside- but there are certain ones that we will watch.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: mainepotato
My Mood:

Nah, a little tv here and there doesn't make you a bad mom. But it's great that you're getting some more ideas for how to entertain her. My girls liked to be in the kitchen with me while I cooked. I put them in a high chair with some cheerios starting at around 7 or 8 mos. 6 mos is probably a little early, but it's an idea for later. I agree about the kitchen stuff - they loved that! You could even just put a couple of tablespoons of water in the tray for her to play with for now. And of course while you cook, talk to her, make some faces, a little peek-a-boo.. have fun
Proud mama of three delightful children
. .
tea&oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
Registered Users

no - its fine on occasion
Jen -momma to MaryKate 12/13/07, Kara 7/22/09, Adalane "Laney" 2/9/11, ^angel^ 10/13, & Jacob 8/21/14

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:34 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

Hey.. I love Baby E, and use those videos whenever I need a break.

I have one deaf toddler (daycare kid) who will be in a tantrum all day long, but when I turn that show on, she sits down, chills out, and 30 minutes later she has a new attitude.

I would absolutely use it to grab a shower, or fix a meal. I probably wouldn't do it three times a day, but I know my own limits, and when I am near my limit, that thing is going on the tv.

I have also been known to put "Yo Gabba Gabba" on, and I think that's the most obnoxious show ever.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote