Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else have a ....

I agree to each his own in this situation, BUT imho I don't any baby should be given ice cream. It just seems like a typical unhealthy american thing to do. Why start them out on junk that we don't need to eat, much less them? Personally we give only the best/purest foods to our babies - organic fruits and veggies, so the idea of giving them artifically flavored, high fructose containing ice cream is bit disturbing.

I don't think DD tasted ice cream until she was about 15 months or so and it was homemade(no bad stuff).

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #22
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS didn't even get a taste of ice cream till he was two. i would never give something like that to a baby. nak
Old 05-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #23
court3189
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth View Post
I must not be "with it" either if your aggravation is over the baby eating ice cream. I'm fairly positive all of our kids had ice cream at around five months or so. Everybody gets to do with their kids what they want. I can sure think of things a whole lot worse. If this is not what this post is about I apologize.
Ditto.

Mom to Mason (3/2003) and Maddie (11/2007) and Morgan (3/2011)
court3189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #24
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definitely don't agree with giving ice cream to a 5 month old, but I have worse in my family. My SIL is off her rocker, and not just because she gave her 5 DAY old son rice cereal in EVERY bottle... ya know, because "8oz of formula just did not satisfy him".

A newborn.
8oz + rice cereal.

She's "off" in every single way. From her parenting [ not just early solids - she spanked her DD 3x for accidentally squeezing a Capri sun juice pack and spilling it on her hand ] to the way she treats my brother, to the deceitful comments she makes about my family. Yep, can't stand her.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #25
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Meh...could be worse. Its ice cream. I let my 6 month old taste my ice cream when I have a nice bowl of it at night. A few little tastes on the end of my spoon is not going to damage the child for life (we DON'T have any allergies to food here). Of course I don't sit her down with a spoon and a big bowl of ice cream and let her go to town with it, but a few tastes does not mean she is the most horrible worst mother in the world, there are many worse things in life to get upset about...this post just seems more like a "I am better than her, because I don't give my baby *insert name of something * here."
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote