Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #11
browneyeNYmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Meatless dinner ideas??

We do meatless dinners a couple times a week just to keep costs down. DH's favorite is when we do breakfast for dinner....usually based around eggs, we have chickens so we get fresh eggs everyday. If I make an omelet or fritata loaded with cheese, I can sneak quite a few veggies in there too, it's hard to get DH to eat a lot of them otherwise! Then we'll usually have a side of pancakes or toast to go along.

Advertisement

browneyeNYmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel your pain hon. My DH is the same way. And recently he's decided he doesn't like chicken or pork, so he wants red meat every day. Ugh, not happening. He also turns his nose up at casseroles made with hamburger. He's really driving me nuts.

Spaghetti, of course, is one of our go to meatless meals.
Pizza with cheese and mushrooms.
White pizza
Tuna casserole is a low meat option. I'm trying to do more fish and less red meat.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
ArronDalesMama
Registered Users

I trick Dh into meatless meals sometimes. He doesn't care what we eat as long as we eat. But I made chili last week, like I always do, but instead of using grounf beef I used that fake ground beef stuff from soy. He ate a bowl and went back for more. I told him I made it different and he asked how. I said I made it with no meat. He looked at me (and down at the chili) like I was crazy. then I spilled my secret. He ate another bowl and took some for lunch the next day.

I also use Lentils, the green ones stay pretty firm unlike the red which seem to be mushy more. Those are hearty and filling.

and we eat more fish. Last night was Salmon burgers with hummis (instead of cheese) carrot sticks (with hummis too) and watermelon.

Tonight is Bean and Cheese enchaladas. Pretty simple filling and meatless.
Due with #2 2/14/16
ArronDalesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #14
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

I do breakfast for dinner for my meatless meal. Eggs, hashbrowns and pancakes usually fills everyone up

Make a big pot of broccoli cheddar and potato soup with a garlic twist recipe I found on here. its
ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote